sending to the trash

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited February 2, 2006 in Finishing School
My question is how to send everything, all at once, with no ratings, like those star things, not the colors, how to send everything that is not "rated" to the trash?

As I see it, I can send everything that is rated to the trash, or everything total to the trash, but I can't just send the unrated stuff to the trash.

Am I missing some info, probably..........and I don't know where to find it.

I want to rate my photos, then send everything that is not rated to the trash.

This is on photoshop CS2, the bridge.

I do not want to rate according to colors, that is not intuitive for me.

So now I have all this unrated stuff that I have to send to the trash individually, or hold ctrl (windows) down and click on as many as possible and send those to the trash. That is very time consuming. The ctrl method keeps messing up, I have to start over..........

Does anyone know what I am talking about? If so, does anyone have a suggestion, or the obvious answer that I should have seen?

ginger
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2006
    Filter/Show Unrated Items Only
    ginger_55 wrote:
    My question is how to send everything, all at once, with no ratings, like those star things, not the colors, how to send everything that is not "rated" to the trash?
    On the right hand side of the Bridge toolbar is a drop-down list labelled "Unfiltered". Pull that down and choose "Show unrated items only". Then select all and delete or drag to trash.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2006
    jfriend wrote:
    On the right hand side of the Bridge toolbar is a drop-down list labelled "Unfiltered". Pull that down and choose "Show unrated items only". Then select all and delete or drag to trash.

Thanks a lot, John. I have been struggling with this for months now. I do have books, but too many, and the ones I have looked in have not answered my question.

I was embarrassed to ask, but it has been slow here today. Thanks, that is going to make things a lot easier and probably get me some more hard drive space. The other way it was such work.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2006
    Can also ask in the Adobe Bridge Forum
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Thanks a lot, John. I have been struggling with this for months now. I do have books, but too many, and the ones I have looked in have not answered my question.

I was embarrassed to ask, but it has been slow here today. Thanks, that is going to make things a lot easier and probably get me some more hard drive space. The other way it was such work.

ginger

In the future if you are stuck, another resource for Bridge questions is the Adobe Bridge forum. I don't post there often, but when I do, I pretty much always get a good answer. Of course, feel free to ask here first too.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question