So Happy Together

FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
edited February 4, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Any thoughts on this picture as a challenge entry? It was taken last night of my husband's cousin and his wife. It is wonderful that they have been together for over 6 years and still look at each other like this!

54882606-L.jpg

Virginia

Email

Comments

• ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2006
    Gina, I really like it, especially the look in his eyes, face. And people have been struggling to find love (for this contest, of course).

But I am in a confused state as to "strong emotion" and I would hate to lead you astray.

You captured a sweet moment, IMO. A moment full of emotion.........and desire, and if that ain't emotion................

Nice shooting, as HCB would say: the decisive moment, smile.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2006
    You've put your finger on the problem, Ginger. I see a strong bond between these two, but it doesn't feel, even to me, like an entry in a "strong emotion" contest. In a sense, the emotion is too "quiet" if you know what I mean. Actually, for me, most of the pictures already entered don't convey "strong emotion." Just the extreme ones of which there are a growing number - soon to be enough to make the top ten. Thanks for the comments!

V

Email
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2006
    I agree with Ginger. It is a nice photograph...there's definitely a connection between both of them but it just doesn't seem to make it for the challenge.

Erich
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2006
    I agree, Erich. Although I do think the photo shows a moment of strong emotional connection between the two - and frankly would probably have touched more viewers if the couple had been newly-in-love beautiful twenty somethings - it lacks that special extra something it needs to be a challenge entry. Put another way, I wouldn't vote for it either. I do like the picture and the moment it catches and thought that if it touched enough people maybe I was wrong about its not being challenge worthy. Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it. :):

Virginia

Email