Medium format backs / Nostalgia

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited February 2, 2006 in Cameras
How do the medium format backs do in the high ISO department? There really is no reason why the makers should want them to do well, since I think they are mostly used in studios. But they do have much larger pixels then the dSLRs we know and love, which should naturally lead to low noise.

Who saw Capote? Who was jealous of Avedon when he was shooting Perry Smith and Capote with his Haselblad? Man! Make that thing digital and I'll kill for it.

I dug through my Avedon books and didn't find any of Perry Smith. I think they are in a book coauthored with Truman Capote. I'll be trying to find that book.

[Mods: I copied from a message buried deep in the stupid Canon Vs Nikon thread where nobody in his/her right mind would ever read it. Maybe it will actually get answered here.]
If not now, when?

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2006
    rutt wrote:
    How do the medium format backs do in the high ISO department? There really is no reason why the makers should want them to do well, since I think they are mostly used in studios. But they do have much larger pixels then the dSLRs we know and love, which should naturally lead to low noise.

Who saw Capote? Who was jealous of Avedon when he was shooting Perry Smith and Capote with his Haselblad? Man! Make that thing digital and I'll kill for it.

I dug through my Avedon books and didn't find any of Perry Smith. I think they are in a book coauthored with Truman Capote. I'll be trying to find that book.

[Mods: I copied from a message buried deep in the stupid Canon Vs Nikon thread where nobody in his/her right mind would ever read it. Maybe it will actually get answered here.]

I read it there. Been thinking.
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    I read it there. Been thinking.

I did say where "nobody in his/her right mind would ever read it" So I wasn't think that you missed. Just the sane ones.

Sorry, but talk about in the strike zone!
    If not now, when?