Options

*DGrin-Challenge-21 CommentsPlease?

AltProAltPro Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
edited September 20, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
Tried going back to what I enjoy doing, since until today, the weather has not been cooperating here...

I know it's last minute, but... Perhaps some of you would be kind enough to give me some input before the 11th hour strikes.

Taken in a darkend room, this evening after 10:00pm, with only the light of a 40 watt lamp. No flash.

Thanks y'all

ginette

"the touch"
8770151-L.jpg

"contact"
8770154-L.jpg

"guileless"
8770148-L.jpg
"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

Comments

• Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2004
    Hi Ginette, I love the emotion the 1st shot conjures up. Really nice!
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    Ginette,
    I like the first one. The relaxed look of the hands gives it a nice flow. Very touching composition.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    Love the first one, the B&W and the pose are great. Not sure about the connection to the title of the challenge. But it's a loving image.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    SeeMoonSeeMoon Banned Posts: 355 Major grins
    The first one. Beautiful!
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    wxwax wrote:
    Love the first one, the B&W and the pose are great. Not sure about the connection to the title of the challenge. But it's a loving image.
    I agree with Sid's comments. Lovely image but hard to see the connection with shots after dark. headscratch.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    wxwax wrote:
    Sid...

I didn't think that Andy was telling us we had to shoot "outside" after dark... But that IF we were, we needed to remember NOT to shoot sunsets. So, I took my shots in the dark, and after dark... I think, it's in my interpretation? But, I am glad that you thought the photo was a "loving image," that was my intent, to show my daughter and her quasi fiance, the way that I have seen them over this past year. Probably would work nice for the next assignment, but I shoot when the opportunity arises.

Luv ya'
    ginette
    "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    AltPro wrote:
    Sid...

I didn't think that Andy was telling us we had to shoot "outside" after dark... But that IF we were, we needed to remember NOT to shoot sunsets. So, I took my shots in the dark, and after dark... I think, it's in my interpretation? But, I am glad that you thought the photo was a "loving image," that was my intent, to show my daughter and her quasi fiance, the way that I have seen them over this past year. Probably would work nice for the next assignment, but I shoot when the opportunity arises.

Luv ya'
    ginette
    Andy did not say we had to shoot outside, but I find the concept of shooting indooors after dark difficult to get a handle on. It is like a studio shot. - I guess shooting after dark to me does not really encompass shooting in a studio - It was not expressly "not permitted", but not how I interpreted the essence of the challenge. Different strokes, ginette.

I still like the first image quite a bit - I might have chosen a platinum B&W rendition to the sepia tone tho.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    AltPro wrote:
    Sid...

Luv ya'
    ginette

I like the first one very much, nice shot.

uh,,,

What is a quasi fiance?
  • Options
    GREAPER wrote:
    I like the first one very much, nice shot.

uh,,,

What is a quasi fiance?
    "Quasi Fiance," A guy who has been dating your daughter for nearly 18 months, is talking about marriage, was but proposed with a ring, but is in the process of buying a home that she loves, because she loves it, and it's near her parents... Even though he doesn't have a great deal of money to be doing so.

There you have it.
    Once he finally does make it 'official," and they marry, I will be proud to call him "Son," He's a very good guy, good to SuMMer and good to her little brothers, too. Which, to me, speaks tomes.

ginette