Sharpening Action Set For Adobe

DigitalDevoDigitalDevo Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited February 2, 2006 in Finishing School
Hello all. This is my first post here. Thought I would start off sharing my latest creation with everyone. I have been working on this little Action Set for a while now. It has worked fairly well on the majority of the images I have run it on. It adds a slight contrast enhancement as well and will really bring out the details. Make sure image has already had noise reduction done on it as this action will also bring out noise and artifacts if they are present in the image. You will first need to download and install "Custom Filter" from [URL="http://"]http://[/URL]www.reindeergraphics.com/index.p···temid=57

Please share anything you try it on as well as comments and critiques. It will do all the sharpening and slight enhancement on a new layer so all you have to do then is adjust the opacity of that layer to your desired appearance.

Download my Action Set here:
http://home.earthlink.net/~labyrinth1782/downloads/DigiTools%20Ultra%20Sharpening%20Beta.zip

Hope this set works for some of you.

Jamey
"It is the Photographer that makes the equipment, not the equipment that makes the photographer." -JKS

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2006
    Hello all.

Hello Jamey and welcome to Dgrin...

Is any of this for sale goods?
  • DigitalDevoDigitalDevo Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited February 2, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hello Jamey and welcome to Dgrin...

Is any of this for sale goods?
    DigiTools Sharpening Action is Beta so the Beta is free yes. The Custom Filter from Reinddeer is also Free.

Jamey
    "It is the Photographer that makes the equipment, not the equipment that makes the photographer." -JKS
    edited February 2, 2006
    DigiTools Sharpening Action is Beta so the Beta is free yes. The Custom Filter from Reinddeer is also Free.

Jamey
    And what happens after the Beta?
    edited February 2, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    And what happens after the Beta?
    It will be freeware. May not even go past the Beta. Depends what kind of response I get whether I will continue working on it. If people like it and find it useful I will continue working on it to try and further the project. Also, the Beta will never expire anyways :) No need for subtleness with me, just be straight forward, I will answer honestly, and do not mind and will not get offended by straight forwardness :)

Jamey
    edited February 2, 2006
    No worries! If you were selling, it'd be a different story. How about sharing some examples? :D
    edited February 2, 2006
    o

If it is a free action and will remain so, welcome to Dgrin and thank you very much for sharing thumb.gif

Steve
    Thanks for the welcome Steve. Love your IR work BTW. Sony F717 by chance? I shoot IR with a F717 as well :)

Jamey
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited February 2, 2006
    Thanks for the welcome Steve. Love your IR work BTW. Sony F717 by chance? I shoot IR with a F717 as well :)

Jamey

Laughing.gif Jamey,
    I apologize for the misunderstanding and I have removed my post :D I shoulda known that Inspector Williams was hot on the case....Laughing.gif

Thanks for your comments. Yep, Andy and I met on a Sony forum. We both had the IR bug and you can't beat those Sonys with nightshot for easy IR. I had the 707, 717 and 828. Andy had a 717 and the 828 and about 100 other cameras since lol3.gif

As I said, welcome to Dgrin wave.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
    edited February 2, 2006
    Here is a before and after shot. 1 click 75% layer opacity, a bit much for this image but wanted to exaggerate the results.

Before
    edited February 2, 2006
    After
  • cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2006
    Hello Jamey

Good looking results! I'm going to have to take the action for a spin.
    edited February 2, 2006
    cletus wrote:
    Hello Jamey

Good looking results! I'm going to have to take the action for a spin.
    Hope it works out for you. I am trying to get a sharpening style that works to bring out details as well as a bit of contrast without causing the typical halos and such. Not quite there yet, but I am happy with the results so far. It will really bring out details, but will bring out any noise as well so make sure image is clean or noise reduction has already been done.