Options

*Challenge 21 - Kensington

snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
edited September 20, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here are two pics taken tonight in the Kensington area of San Diego. It's a very old part of town and the Ken Cinema is a local landmark. They show the old classics and "art" films. I know it's last minute, but I have not been able to get out at night until now. I'm thinking the theater marquee is the better of the two, but would appreciate any comments.

8773032-L.jpg

8773034-L.jpg
"A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
Susan Appel Photography My Blog

Comments

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited September 20, 2004
    snapapple wrote:
    Here are two pics taken tonight in the Kensington area of San Diego. It's a very old part of town and the Ken Cinema is a local landmark. They show the old classics and "art" films. I know it's last minute, but I have not been able to get out at night until now. I'm thinking the theater marquee is the better of the two, but would appreciate any comments.

8773032-L.jpg

8773034-L.jpg
    I agree Snappy I prefer the marquee also - I might dial baack the brightness just a bit - might sepia tone everything but the marque like you know who.:D
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2004
    Thanks Pathfinder, I thought of that, but was afraid to copy "you know who's" style too much. :D I'm going to work on it a bit, but it's kind of late and I have to work tomorrow. I was happy to get the red out in RAW processing though. I shot it in RAW - Isn't that exciting! I got the remote shutter button working and all that stuff. What an experience. It took me almost an hour of fiddeling around and shooting many car headlights and blurry people walking by to get these. I'm learning a lot though.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog