Opportunity Fair

leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
edited February 4, 2006 in People
55009906-L.jpg

Here's a collage I made for our church's "Opportunity Fair". The different "areas of service" have made booths and will put on presentations to the membership. It's a way of letting people find out ways to get involved. I'm part of the "photography ministry".

I'm a little bummed because I had intended to print this out as a 20x30. I had noticed on www.costco.com that it was only $9.99 for a 20x30 print. You can upload photos, and you'll be emailed when they are ready, and you just drive an pick them up.

Well, it turns out that anything larger than 12x18 is printed by Snapfish. Had I known that, I would have ordered earlier....so I have to settle with a 12x18" which is only $2.99 to print.

I use Lumapix to make the collage. It's very easy to do. This one took about 5min. Well, 5min afer I selected my photos. I have the $79 version of their product which maxes out at 13x19" at 300dpi. They have a more expensive version that doesn't have a size limit.

To get larger prints I just "upsize" in Photoshop. I took 19/30 and then multiplied by 20 to get the short side (12.6667).

Lee

Comments

• RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2006
    Have you tried a poster printing software? I recently discovered 2G Posterworks. It lets you take any image and print it out on any number of 8.5x11 sheets, then assemble the sheets into the final product. The trial version is fully functional, and I've already printed out several 2x2 posters of different pictures. It will let you go all the way up to 20sheets x 20sheets.

I don't know if this is the type of thing you are looking for, but if not, then ignore me! :D
  • leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2006
    Rhuarc wrote:
    Have you tried a poster printing software? I recently discovered 2G Posterworks. It lets you take any image and print it out on any number of 8.5x11 sheets, then assemble the sheets into the final product. The trial version is fully functional, and I've already printed out several 2x2 posters of different pictures. It will let you go all the way up to 20sheets x 20sheets.

I don't know if this is the type of thing you are looking for, but if not, then ignore me! :D

What a cool idea -- I never thought of that! Thanks,

Lee
  • David StevensDavid Stevens Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2006
    leebase wrote:
    55009906-L.jpg

Here's a collage I made for our church's "Opportunity Fair". The different "areas of service" have made booths and will put on presentations to the membership. It's a way of letting people find out ways to get involved. I'm part of the "photography ministry".

I'm a little bummed because I had intended to print this out as a 20x30. I had noticed on www.costco.com that it was only $9.99 for a 20x30 print. You can upload photos, and you'll be emailed when they are ready, and you just drive an pick them up.

Well, it turns out that anything larger than 12x18 is printed by Snapfish. Had I known that, I would have ordered earlier....so I have to settle with a 12x18" which is only $2.99 to print.

I use Lumapix to make the collage. It's very easy to do. This one took about 5min. Well, 5min afer I selected my photos. I have the $79 version of their product which maxes out at 13x19" at 300dpi. They have a more expensive version that doesn't have a size limit.

To get larger prints I just "upsize" in Photoshop. I took 19/30 and then multiplied by 20 to get the short side (12.6667).

Lee

Excelllent job of putting this together! :):
    David L. Stevens