Collegiate Hockey

KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
edited February 4, 2006 in Sports
The ACHA Division 3 Southeastern Regional Hockey Tournament is going on just a few miles from me, so I went over last night to catch the first round. These are not scholarship atheletes, but rather guys who play on college club teams for the love of the game.

(Click on image for EXIF)

Kennesaw State University vs Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University

55065332-L.jpg

University of Georgia vs Clemson University

55065711-L.jpg

Kent
"Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
Web site

Comments

• RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2006
    Wow! That first shot is awesome! Who ended up winning that game? Lol, I just graduated from Embry-Riddle last May, so that shot holds a special meaning for me! Thanks for the shot!
  • KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2006
    Rhuarc wrote:
    Wow! That first shot is awesome! Who ended up winning that game? Lol, I just graduated from Embry-Riddle last May, so that shot holds a special meaning for me! Thanks for the shot!
    Well, I'm sorry to have to report that Kennesaw State won rather decisively; something like 15-1. But KSU is ranked #1 in the ACHA D3 and Embry-Riddle is unranked. KSU is a juggernaut at this level and will probably mop up everybody in the field.

Kent
    Web site
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2006
    Are those form this morning? I really like the second one. How much luck have you had trying to shoot them tight?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2006
    wxwax wrote:
    Are those form this morning? I really like the second one. How much luck have you had trying to shoot them tight?
    These are from last night. I'm using my 24-60mm, concentrating on shooting one end of the ice, and trying to catch the action as it comes toward me. I go to my favorite "clean" pane of glass, and over 3 periods, get enough opportunities to catch both teams coming at me on offense.

I end up cropping most of them.

I've used the 75-300mm, but I like the results I'm getting with the little guy better.

FYI: unlike all of the other hockey at the Cooler, they're charging admission to this tournament. ($7/day)

Kent
    Web site
  • David StevensDavid Stevens Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2006
    KMCC wrote:
    These are from last night. I'm using my 24-60mm, concentrating on shooting one end of the ice, and trying to catch the action as it comes toward me. I go to my favorite "clean" pane of glass, and over 3 periods, get enough opportunities to catch both teams coming at me on offense.

I end up cropping most of them.

I've used the 75-300mm, but I like the results I'm getting with the little guy better.

FYI: unlike all of the other hockey at the Cooler, they're charging admission to this tournament. ($7/day)

I didn't even know Clemson & Georgia had hockey teams. Good shots! :):
    David L. Stevens