Broadway Photo

bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
edited April 13, 2006 in Cameras
Has anybody ever done business with them and what kind of feedback would you give them. I am looking at a discountinued camera for a specific purpose and currently they are one very few places that have it.

I usually do B&H but they don't have it.

Thanks
"A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me

Comments

• HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2006
    bham wrote:
    Has anybody ever done business with them and what kind of feedback would you give them. I am looking at a discountinued camera for a specific purpose and currently they are one very few places that have it.

Thanks

Better you should find a mugger on the street and give him your $. Then at leats you would have some personal contact with the person who stole your $

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1995.html

note the header on their rating for Broadway Photo. It appears someone was sending in phoney reviews. I wonder who that could have been?
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2006
    Thanks Harry. I guess I just have to bid on ebay.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2006
    bhphoto.com
  • ScottMcLeodScottMcLeod Registered Users Posts: 753 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2006
    Owen wrote:
    bhphoto.com
    bham wrote:

... smokin' the good stuff again Owen? :D
    - Scott
    http://framebyframe.ca
    [Bodies] Canon EOS 20D - Canon EOS 500
    [Lenses] Sigma APO 70-200 f/2.8 - Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 - Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 - Tamron XR Di 28-75mm f/2.8 - Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
    [Flash] Sigma EF500 Super DG Flash
    [Tripod]
    Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
    [Head] 484RC2, 200RC2
  • PaytonPayton Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited April 13, 2006
    bham wrote:

Thanks

Re Broadway Photo:

We purchased a camera battery from bwayphoto.com We did not have any problem with the order.

HOWEVER, their privacy policy leaves much to be desired. Because we have our own domain, we are able to create unique "alias" email addresses for those with whom we do business.

We've started receiving spam from multiple sources addressed to the unique email address we created for Broadway Photo and only for them. The spam has included an illegal stock market scam hosted by a site in Vietnam.

As a result, we've killed that email address and recommend that you do NOT do business with this firm (broadway photo).

Payton
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,077 moderator
    edited April 13, 2006
    Payton wrote:
    Re Broadway Photo:

We purchased a camera battery from bwayphoto.com We did not have any problem with the order.

HOWEVER, their privacy policy leaves much to be desired. Because we have our own domain, we are able to create unique "alias" email addresses for those with whom we do business.

We've started receiving spam from multiple sources addressed to the unique email address we created for Broadway Photo and only for them. The spam has included an illegal stock market scam hosted by a site in Vietnam.

As a result, we've killed that email address and recommend that you do NOT do business with this firm (broadway photo).

Payton

Payton,

If they did this without your permission, and if you can prove it, there are laws which not only protect you, but provide for monetary remediation.

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2006
    Be sure to check out B&H Photo before you close a bid on Ebay. Amazon is reasonable (and quite often have specials) and has free shipping as well, and I have had good experience with them. While I have certainly done more than my fair share of buying on Ebay rolleyes1.gif my experience is that people buying lenses are way over-bidding and forgetting that they are buying without a warranty. (I thought I read somewhere that Canon warranties are not transferrable, I'm not certain on this.)