RAW import plugin for PS7.0?

JeroenJeroen Registered Users Posts: 447 Major grins
edited February 7, 2006 in Finishing School
Does anyone know where I could download a RAW import plugin for PS7.0?
I'm not familliair with RAW yet, my files end with .CR2

I can open them with the Canon software, but I don't want to export everything as tiffs every time. Directly opening in Photoshop would be nice.

I searched Dgrin and Google before posting. All I could find was one for CS2 and one that doesn't work with PS7.0...

Thanks in advance,
Jeroen

edit - I use MacOSX...

Comments

• DigitalDevoDigitalDevo Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited February 5, 2006
    The one for PS 7.0 was actually a Paid piece of software, so any download wouldn't be a legit download, but instead would be Warez. I am not even aware of any place you can purchase it anymore either :(
    "It is the Photographer that makes the equipment, not the equipment that makes the photographer." -JKS
  • JeroenJeroen Registered Users Posts: 447 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2006
    I had no intention to talk warez here.
    Thanks for the reply. So I'll have to find another solution I'm afraid.
  • Bob BellBob Bell Registered Users Posts: 598 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2006
    Jeroen wrote:
    I had no intention to talk warez here.
    Thanks for the reply. So I'll have to find another solution I'm afraid.

I never could find an application in 7 to support crw or cr2's so it forced me to upgrade to CS or continue using EOS Raw Utility. The Raw Utility was fine for me, but I found out that moving to ACR inside of CS sped up my workflow quit a bit not having to batch convert files to Tiff. I also like the ACR controls, it gives you a lot of power before opening in PS that are nice.

I'm sure there is a way to get ACR to work in 7. I just never could figure it out and I suspect it would have to be something earlier than the 2.4 that works in PSCS.
    Bob
    Phoenix, AZ
    Canon Bodies
    Canon and Zeiss Lenses