Options

Marketing/Business Books

amyeamye Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited February 28, 2006 in Mind Your Own Business
I just thought I'd see if anyone has any website, forum and/or book recommendations on general business or marketing?

I've learned SO much about camera technique, lighting, lenses and other photography-specific questions... just by reading this (and other) forum(s) and books! (It seems that's all I've done for the past 6-9 months, is READ!) :)

However, I know I have just as much to learn regarding business itself, and I can't help but think that there must be business and marketing related forums out there that would be very helpful for those of us who are just getting started...

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Amy

Comments

• Options
    Scott BuelScott Buel Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2006
    amye wrote:
    I just thought I'd see if anyone has any website, forum and/or book recommendations on general business or marketing?

However, I know I have just as much to learn regarding business itself, and I can't help but think that there must be business and marketing related forums out there that would be very helpful for those of us who are just getting started...

Try Guerrilla Marketing by Jay Conrad Levinson.

He is endorsed by very reputable people, such as Dave Ramsey and Dan Miller of "48 Days to the Work You Love".

All three have been very helpful to me in deciding how to proceed with my photography business idea. None offer SPECIFIC advice on the photog business, but all offer some great advice that can be used, nonetheless.

Thanks,
    Scott

Buel Historic Photos/Gene Buel Photography/Buel Historic Photography (haven't decided yet)
    Check out my galleries : scenes from the past

Scan Cafe: let the pros do it