East German & Soviet

kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
edited February 6, 2006 in Holy Macro
Just snapping some shots of things I got from a guy from Estonia. Me and a German friend picked him up in East Germany (1990) while he was thumbing for a ride. He gave me these old Soviet things for giving him a ride. I was in the military at the time (U.S. Army). The East German hat though (1st item) I bought in Berlin near the Brandenburg Gate. I bought the newspaper in Leipzig.
1st image is my favorite :)

Nikon D200 w/ 50mm f/1.8

55250893-L.jpg

55250898-L.jpg

55250900-L.jpg

Comments

• PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2006
    Howdy kygarden
    kygarden wrote:
    Just snapping some shots of things I got from a guy from Estonia. Me and a German friend picked him up in East Germany (1990) while he was thumbing for a ride. He gave me these old Soviet things for giving him a ride. I was in the military at the time (U.S. Army). The East German hat though (1st item) I bought in Berlin near the Brandenburg Gate. I bought the newspaper in Leipzig.
    1st image is my favorite :)

Nikon D200 w/ 50mm f/1.8

55250893-L.jpg

55250898-L.jpg

55250900-L.jpg

Howdy kygarden,

Looks like you and your new friend are working well with each other, I really like all three images, very nicely done.

Thanks for sharing.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • mynakedsodamynakedsoda Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2006
    I like these also. The hammer and sickly detail would make a great macro subject IMO.
  • kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2006
    I like these also. The hammer and sickly detail would make a great macro subject IMO.

Thanks to both replies. Yes, that might be a good idea for a macro shot. I think I have one of those that's not attached to the hat too.