Individual deletion bug

safaricat70safaricat70 Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
edited August 2, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hi! I've noticed that when I delete photos individually, I confirm the deletion and then I'm taken back to the first page of my gallery rather than to the page I deleted the photo from. While it's not that big of a deal, it's kind of annoying. Can anything be done about this? And if this has already come up & I missed the solution, sorry about the duplication!

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man." - Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey
http://deku.smugmug.com/

Comments

• HighLightPhotosHighLightPhotos Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited September 27, 2004
    Hi! I've noticed that when I delete photos individually, I confirm the deletion and then I'm taken back to the first page of my gallery rather than to the page I deleted the photo from. While it's not that big of a deal, it's kind of annoying. Can anything be done about this? And if this has already come up & I missed the solution, sorry about the duplication!

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man." - Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey
    http://deku.smugmug.com/
    just a thought, but before deleting, can you open the picture in a new browser window first. That way, after deleting, you can simply close the new window (which takes you back to the begining of the gallery) and have your original page where you left off. Just remember that your original window will still show the picture that hs been deleted until you refresh it.
    Hope this helps.
  • darryldarryl Registered Users Posts: 997 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2006
    Wow -- pretty good search engine. I searched for "Delete Photo takes you back to First Page", and this post came up.

My wife just complained about this little bug, so I'm bumping this one. Yeah, it's something of an annoyance.

I think the proper behavior should be that the page you're on refreshes and the deleted photo is gone. Seems simple enough, right? :-}
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2006
    darryl wrote:
    Wow -- pretty good search engine. I searched for "Delete Photo takes you back to First Page", and this post came up.

My wife just complained about this little bug, so I'm bumping this one. Yeah, it's something of an annoyance.

I think the proper behavior should be that the page you're on refreshes and the deleted photo is gone. Seems simple enough, right? :-}

JT's working on tools soon, I'll be sure he sees this.