Today rugby with Gary Coyle

gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
edited February 8, 2006 in Sports
I had the pleasure of shooting with Gary today, He had arranged a pass for me to be on the sidelines C+C welcome

55256375-M.jpg

55256363-M.jpg

55249300-M.jpg

55249316-M.jpg

55256359-M.jpg

55249303-M.jpg

55249298-M.jpg

Comments

• ButtkickerButtkicker Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited February 7, 2006
    some great shots gary.. the crop on shot one looks a bit odd though, might be cos the one next to it is wider
    the 2nd from last one is the best in my humble opinion
  • SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2006
    great shots Gary, and congrats on the sideline pass.
  • gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2006
    Buttkicker wrote:
    some great shots gary.. the crop on shot one looks a bit odd though, might be cos the one next to it is wider
    the 2nd from last one is the best in my humble opinion

I think the first was shot vertical and no crop not sure
    Thanks for your commentsthumb.gif
    edited February 7, 2006
    Seamus wrote:
    great shots Gary, and congrats on the sideline pass.

Thanks Seamus, do you have a 1200GS ? that looks like a 1200 bevel box to me
    edited February 7, 2006
    gsgary wrote:
    Thanks Seamus, do you have a 1200GS ? that looks like a 1200 bevel box to me

Yeah, I got a good deal on a demo model without abs. I have it over a year now and really like it. It's the first bike I had with heated gripsrolleyes1.gif , a lifesaver in the winter.

Are you getting the 1200 adv?
    edited February 7, 2006
    Seamus wrote:
    Yeah, I got a good deal on a demo model without abs. I have it over a year now and really like it. It's the first bike I had with heated gripsrolleyes1.gif , a lifesaver in the winter.

Are you getting the 1200 adv?

Don't think so i've already got the best GS they made and most reliable:D i would have to sell the Fazer 1000 to get GS ADV, Its a bit too advanced want to do a RTW in the future
    edited February 7, 2006
    gsgary wrote:
    Don't think so i've already got the best GS they made and most reliable:D i would have to sell the Fazer 1000 to get GS ADV, Its a bit too advanced want to do a RTW in the future

If I hadn't gotten such a good deal on the demo 1200 I would have bought an 1150. There were a lot of reports on the net about abs failing, bad build quality, etc. Touch wood, I haven't had any problems and don't see myself changing the bike for a long time. What I really like about the gs is that 50,000 miles is just running it in and if it falls over there aren't expensive plastic panels to replace. It is also really comfy, the riding position on sports bikes was killing me.

I retire on my 55th birthday and fully intend to hit the road for a couple of years. Circumstances will probably change but it's nice to dreammwink.gif .
    edited February 7, 2006
    Seamus wrote:
    If I hadn't gotten such a good deal on the demo 1200 I would have bought an 1150. There were a lot of reports on the net about abs failing, bad build quality, etc. Touch wood, I haven't had any problems and don't see myself changing the bike for a long time. What I really like about the gs is that 50,000 miles is just running it in and if it falls over there aren't expensive plastic panels to replace. It is also really comfy, the riding position on sports bikes was killing me.

I retire on my 55th birthday and fully intend to hit the road for a couple of years. Circumstances will probably change but it's nice to dreammwink.gif .

I have the 1100 1998 bought it 18 monts ago with only 6000miles full service history for £4300 and could get about the same now if i sold it, i know of one in the US with over 350,000 miles with no major fault in it's life i don,t know why people sell them with low mileage they must be crazy ive got miles before it will be at full power
    edited February 7, 2006
    gsgary wrote:
    I have the 1100 1998 bought it 18 monts ago with only 6000miles full service history for £4300 and could get about the same now if i sold it, i know of one in the US with over 350,000 miles with no major fault in it's life i don,t know why people sell them with low mileage they must be crazy ive got miles before it will be at full power

You got a bargain thumb.gif .
    edited February 7, 2006
    Seamus wrote:
    You got a bargain thumb.gif .

I'm thinking of coming over to Ireland at easter would i need to book B+B i don't like to have to make it to a place if i find a lovely spot on route or take a detour
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2006
    Excellent! I bet if you crop #6 to remove the guy on the left (don't worry about a stray limb) you'll have a beaut.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
    edited February 7, 2006
    gsgary wrote:
    I'm thinking of coming over to Ireland at easter would i need to book B+B i don't like to have to make it to a place if i find a lovely spot on route or take a detour

I wouldn't think so Gary, even if you couldn't find a b&b in one town, the next town wouldn't be too far away.
    http://www.ireland.ie/index.asp is the irish tourism website and has a search engine for b&b's. They are all over the place. Make sure to give me a shout and we can go for a pint when you do land.
    edited February 8, 2006
    wxwax wrote:
    Excellent! I bet if you crop #6 to remove the guy on the left (don't worry about a stray limb) you'll have a beaut.

Thanks Sid i see what you meanthumb.gif
    edited February 8, 2006
    Seamus wrote:
    I wouldn't think so Gary, even if you couldn't find a b&b in one town, the next town wouldn't be too far away.
    http://www.ireland.ie/index.asp is the irish tourism website and has a search engine for b&b's. They are all over the place. Make sure to give me a shout and we can go for a pint when you do land.

Thanks Seamus, a pint would be greatthumb.gif