well, you gotta start posting sometime...

nosmonosmo Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
edited February 6, 2006 in People
so I thought I would start with the easy, compositionless, couldn't you adjust those level sliders or at least push some buttons (?) weekend snaps from the day off. :rolleyes We ended up in Santa Cruz on Saturday afternoon - the light was perfect: overhead & hazy, waves were small. It seem as though everyone was under surveillance by seagulls (part of homeland security is my guess). :uhoh

55274360-M.jpg

This couple really got around - must be the comfy benches..

55274361-M.jpg

A float for the 4th of July parade was undergoing final testing at the proving grounds

55274365-M.jpg

A rare sighting of another endangered species. A sub class of the 'not an egret nor blue heron' I believe :dunno.

55274369-M.jpg

A happy couple under casual surveillance - are they reading something or rolling a smoke...?! :wink

55274370-M.jpg

For those that aren't aware yet Santa Cruz is keeping track of its sealion population - here is an early attempt at bar coding

55274371-M.jpg

We made a quick side trip to City Hall - sure enough, a fine architectural example of democracy inaction

55274374-M.jpg

and the city works adminstration -

55274378-M.jpg

Escaping the hustle of the big city, we stopped for emergency rations at the nearest soup kitchen :thumb

55274384-M.jpg

Now if I can only remember what all the buttons on this camera are for ....

see you next time
steve

Comments

• DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2006
    Hehe...
    Congratulations on your first post of photos!

I know the area somewhat... I live closer to San Francisco :):

I hope you were out and about today -- neat offshore breeze kicking up some wild veils off the waves...

I've never seen a sea lion with numbers before... poor critter.

Neat shots of the boardwalk/amusement area, BTW...

Anyway, I enjoyed the tour. :):
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited February 5, 2006
    Welcome to DGrin nosmo wave.gif
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited February 6, 2006
    Welcome Nosmo wave.gif

Nice pics on the wharf and of the boardwalk thumb.gifthumb.gif Your "soup kitchen" is a world famous landmark, located in Pescadero. Duartes', home of cream of artichoke and cream of chili soups (you can get both in one bowl) iloveyou.gif Right down the street is Muzzi's. Known for their Ollaliberry pie :eat As Andy always says, "it's all about the food"....lol

Now that you've broken the ice and found out that we rarely bite. Keep those pic posts a -commin :D

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Michael AllenMichael Allen Registered Users Posts: 196 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2006
    Nice set Steve and welcome to dgrin!:):
    -Mike