Options

Google Analytics Speed Issues?

ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
edited June 11, 2006 in Dgrin Forum Support
I've been noticing lately that Dgrin was a bit slow to respond at times... so I did some data gathering and noticed that there were frequent hits to google-analytics.com next to my dgrin requests.

I know this is a very useful tool, but since I've blocked it at my firewall tonight, my dgrin response times seem snappier.

Just an FYI... Google will probably shove on a couple more 100 blade servers and everything will be fine again. Then again, it might just be me...
Chris

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2006
    I noticed dgrin slowness on google-analytics too
    ChrisJ wrote:
    I've been noticing lately that Dgrin was a bit slow to respond at times... so I did some data gathering and noticed that there were frequent hits to google-analytics.com next to my dgrin requests.

I know this is a very useful tool, but since I've blocked it at my firewall tonight, my dgrin response times seem snappier.

Just an FYI... Google will probably shove on a couple more 100 blade servers and everything will be fine again. Then again, it might just be me...

A couple days ago, I noticed that dgrin was pausing on google-analytics too. I was surprised to see both that dgrin was using google-analytics and that google-analytics was slow.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2006
    jfriend wrote:
    A couple days ago, I noticed that dgrin was pausing on google-analytics too. I was surprised to see both that dgrin was using google-analytics and that google-analytics was slow.

I installed Google Analytics about a week ago. Hopefully they will keep adding servers 51182168-L.gif
  • Options
    smhs.imagessmhs.images Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    I installed Google Analytics about a week ago. Hopefully they will keep adding servers 51182168-L.gif

Help. I finally got a Goole Analytics invite but I don't know where to put the code?
    Shawna
    www.shawnaseto.com

Nobody gets in to see the wizard. Not nobody, not no how.

Join Smugmug get $5 bucks off!
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,928 moderator
    edited June 10, 2006
    Help. I finally got a Goole Analytics invite but I don't know where to put the code?

Put it in your header or footer. That way, you only need to do it once and it will work for all your pages.

Regards,
  • Options
    davespicsdavespics Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited June 10, 2006
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    Put it in your header or footer. That way, you only need to do it once and it will work for all your pages.

Regards,

What would happen if you put it in the header AND footer?
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2006
    davespics wrote:

I think you would blow up the internets.

For a how to on GA, click here.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2006
    Double counted
    davespics wrote:

You may cause an inaccurate count with each page double counted.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question