Camera Raw in PS Elements 3.0 and Neff files

O'FernaO'Ferna Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited February 8, 2006 in Finishing School
I recently downloaded PS Elements 3.0 and I can't get it to open my raw nef files taken on a Nikon D50. This version of PS is suppossed to have the camera raw plug in. Anyone know how to get it to work with nikon nef files?:scratch

Comments

• kini62kini62 Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2006
    Go here http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=40&platform=Windows

and download the latest plugin, follow the direction and off you go:):

Gene
  • O'FernaO'Ferna Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited February 7, 2006
    Thanks. I have a mac and I downloaded the CR 3.3 plug in for mac a while ago and I think I may have installed it incorrectly. I recently switched from pc to mac and getting used to the new platform could be part of my problem. Camera raw should pop up when I open a raw file, correct? If the plug in was installed correctly shouldn't I be able to simply drag a raw image into PS? When I try to drag an image into PS it tells me its an incompatible file. headscratch.gif
    kini62 wrote:
    Go here http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=40&platform=Windows

and download the latest plugin, follow the direction and off you go:):

Gene
  • kini62kini62 Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2006
    Do you have your Mac set to open images with PSE? For example if you double click on an image will it open PSE automatically?

I take it you use iPhoto for your organizer.

Anyway did you follow the instructions and move the old plug in out of the plug in folder as described below.

To install with Photoshop Elements 3.0:

1. Exit Photoshop Elements.
    2. Open the Finder.
    3. Navigate to: (Please read directory carefully.)
    Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements 3/Plug-Ins/File Formats
    4. Move the existing plug-in to another location (for example, a new folder on your desktop). Ensure you keep this version in case you need to revert back.
    5. Copy the Camera Raw plug-in, Camera Raw, from the download into the same folder as in Step 3.
    6. Launch Photoshop Elements.

If you did, it won't hurt to try again.

Other than that, not being a Mac person (anymore:): ) I can't help more than this.

Do you have the latest OSX updates?

It's supposed to add RAW file support for some cameras as well.

Good luck,

Gene