Options

Proposed photojournalism rule

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited February 20, 2006 in Dgrin Forum Support
Here is a proposed new rule (or just a guideline) for comments on photojournalism. If the author of the thread is careful to avoid editorial content, then the replies should follow suit.

I think we want to stick to photography and to kidding around and occasionally teasing each other (because we're such good friends and enjoy each other.) I think we want to stay away from comments which can inflame hard feelings about politics and religion (because we're such good friends and want to keep enjoying each other!)

There may be a place for political flaming on dgrin, but maybe not. In any case, how about respecting the author when s/he has obviously tried to be neutral in showing a political event?
If not now, when?

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2006
    rutt wrote:
    Here is a proposed new rule (or just a guideline) for comments on photojournalism. If the author of the thread is careful to avoid editorial content, then the replies should follow suit.

I think we want to stick to photography and to kidding around and occasionally teasing each other (because we're such good friends and enjoy each other.) I think we want to stay away from comments which can inflame hard feelings about politics and religion (because we're such good friends and want to keep enjoying each other!)

There may be a place for political flaming on dgrin, but maybe not. In any case, how about respecting the author when s/he has obviously tried to be neutral in showing a political event?

HEAR..HEAR....OR IS IT .......here, here!!!
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2006
    Yes, absolutely. Pity it has to be said.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2006
    thats nice idea i hope people read it and follow it:):
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery