saving ps history

SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited February 6, 2006 in Finishing School
I was curious as to whether anybody either knew how and/or saved history in ps-

I won't be at my ps for a couple days to check this out but I found this on google-

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,15306242

not always working in an organized fashion but 'winging it' more or less, I think this might be helpful to me to check out what I did when a pic comes out right and also when it doesn't (more likely)-

is anybody doing this and finding it worthwhile?-

thanks
george

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2006
    gefillmore wrote:
    is anybody doing this and finding it worthwhile?-

thanks
    george

For very detailed workups, I will often save my history of that session. Yeah, it's valuable. On MAC, it looks like this:
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2006
    Looks the same on PC using CS also....

Andy,
    Is the screen shot they way you keep it set ?
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited February 6, 2006
    thanks andy, art-

I read a little further on it and see that you can record however many states you want to record, limited only by size of scratch disk? memory?

how many states do you reckon you would have in the photo with the park bench where the cup was removed?

then again, would you need a log showing 100 clone tools-

george
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2006
    If I had know about this feature a long time ago it sure would of made life easier when I misplced shopped pics and had to start over on them from raw...that was when I would shoot raw and burn it to a DVD-rw before I evr touched it with ps.....now I at least run thru ACR before archiving it.

personally I would to be able to save evry dang key (brush, clone stamp etc,etc) stroke I make on a pic...but that is just me.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website