Options

My father...

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited September 21, 2004 in The Big Picture
... died on Sunday morning after a long illness. He was a lion and I will miss him, but in some strange way death is life affirming. Without death, life would have no urgency.

Here is the NY Times obit from this morning. I don't know if you can read it if you are not a subscriber.

They used a lousy photo from their own stock. Here the one we tried to get them to use:

8799308-L.jpg

I also took a better picture of him recently (better than the one the Times used). This was taken Memorial Day weekend:

4725359-L.jpg
If not now, when?

Comments

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2004
    Your Father, Rutt
    Rutt, I was sorry to hear about your loss with the death of your father.
    I know that it was a concern for you over the summer.

"A Quiet dealmaker", a nice tribute in the Times. I agree that the picture you wanted run would have been better, he was a good looking younger man.

The picture you took is a tribute itself, I remember that you posted it, I don't remember if you said that he was your father. A nice man, a good father...

A sad time for you and your family with a loss.

I am sorry it happened, Rutt,
    but glad that he lived,
    in addition to all else,
    he gave us you,

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    Thank you for sharing these pictures and the link to the Obit. Your father was an amazing man and will be sorely missed. Several of us have been through this John so we understand your grief and loss. Please know that I am thinking of you and your family and wish you peace.

Lynn
  • Options
    digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    Peace be with you and your family.
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    Again, My deepest sympathy Rutt. We all go through it sooner or later, it is hard. I feel for your loss.
  • Options
    lynnesitelynnesite Registered Users Posts: 747 Major grins
    rutt wrote:
    ... died on Sunday morning after a long illness. He was a lion and I will miss him, but in some strange way death is life affirming. Without death, life would have no urgency.

And it makes it so much more poignant after they're gone, when memories are triggered by stimulus sometimes as mundane as a t.v. commercial. It sounds like he packed a ton of accomplishments into his almost-4 score and 10, and gave back, too.

Sincere sympathy,
    Lynne