Migrated to Smugmug Because...

jsblackjsblack Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited February 7, 2006 in People
...I got kind of fed up with www.deviantart.com
I love all the control I have now of my art! This is my first time here to the forums and I just became a member like last week. I love any kind of photo as long as its profoundly unique and intersting. I live in Japan which is like an Ameican photographer`s dream...ever have those days where everything you see is photo-worthy? thats like every day here, 24/7. Its a bit overwhelming.

Im waiting for my new compy to come and then I can roll out my webpage in full glory. I cant wait!

see ya
Jesse

Comments

• AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 7, 2006
    jsblack wrote:
    ...I got kind of fed up with www.deviantart.com
    I love all the control I have now of my art! This is my first time here to the forums and I just became a member like last week. I love any kind of photo as long as its profoundly unique and intersting. I live in Japan which is like an Ameican photographer`s dream...ever have those days where everything you see is photo-worthy? thats like every day here, 24/7. Its a bit overwhelming.

Im waiting for my new compy to come and then I can roll out my webpage in full glory. I cant wait!

see ya
    Jesse

Hi Jesse and welcome to dGrin. I've spent time at deviantart.com, why don't you like it?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2006
    wave.gif Welcome to Dgrin :D

And you're a MAC user, too. We love Macs thumb.gif

Thanks for joining, look forward to seeing your work!

All the best,
  • TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2006
    Welcome to Dgrin Jesse,

I became a member of smumug today myself. I like the professional look and the lack of ads over the pages.
    Cheers
    David Clifford
  • luckydogluckydog Registered Users Posts: 396 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2006
    Welcome JSB and Tassie (though you're no newbie to us) to the cool realm of smugmug photo galleriesclap.gif
    http://darrylluckphotography.smugmug.com

40D
    18-55mm, 28-105mm USM II, 50mm f/1.8, 400mm f/5.6
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2006
    TassieD wrote:
    Welcome to Dgrin Jesse,

I became a member of smumug today myself. I like the professional look and the lack of ads over the pages.

wave.gif g'day David and welcome to SmugMug!!!! :D
  • jsblackjsblack Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited February 7, 2006
    Yeah, DA
    Angelo wrote:
    Hi Jesse and welcome to dGrin. I've spent time at deviantart.com, why don't you like it?

I actually loved it for the 3 years I was on it...I managed to learn more about my photography there than I had ever dreamed I would. In fact as a learning tool and a cool place to hang out, I would recomened it to anybody.

When it comes to a professional space however, DA was really lacking in a lot of areas. Difficult controls to moderate comments, limited expanability, 100,000,000 angst ridden people taking pictures of their feet...stuff like that. (not that there is anything wrong with taking picture of your feet...in fact one of my favorites is my boots covered in mud) Their print program was OK, however smugmugs IMHO is a bit better overall, and certianly more robust.

so yeah, a move was in order.
    edited February 7, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    wave.gif Welcome to Dgrin :D

And you're a MAC user, too. We love Macs thumb.gif

Thanks for joining, look forward to seeing your work!

All the best,

Thanks Andy!

yeah actually this will be my first Mac ever. I was a die-hard PC haxor until I got a real job 6 months ago and can afford one and then Apple rolled out the intel Imac (this time they didnts solder the CPU in! w00t! thumb.gif) and i was sold. So it comes in like 4 or 5 days. The wait is killing me.
    edited February 7, 2006
    luckydog wrote:
    Welcome JSB and Tassie (though you're no newbie to us) to the cool realm of smugmug photo galleriesclap.gif

Thanks mate. That picture of the spider btw is crazy. Its so huge looking. great Depth. Also it looks really tame which I think must be hard to do when photographing something as ferocious as that. Great Job!
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2006
    welcome Jesse - it's a great place to be!
    clap.gif
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341