Newbie Question

SavoneSavone Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
edited March 5, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Ok, I just opened my smugmug pro account and so far I am very impressed. I have just one question at this time.

Is there a way I can make default settings?

So this way when I create a gallery and upload pics they automatically get the default settings (prices, secuirty, etc..)

Thanks

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2006
    Savone wrote:
    Ok, I just opened my smugmug pro account and so far I am very impressed. I have just one question at this time.

So this way when I create a gallery and upload pics they automatically get the default settings (prices, secuirty, etc..)

Thanks

Yep, they're called Templates, and they're available when you create a gallery. You can save them.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    Yep, they're called Templates, and they're available when you create a gallery. You can save them.

Oh, except I never set prices, so I don't know the answer to that part. I do know that you can do it, just not how.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2006
    Savone wrote:

Thanks

wave.gif Hi Savone, welcome to Dgrin and SmugMug!

Here's info on setting your prices:
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-pricing
    http://blogs.smugmug.com/pros/2005/07/19/how-to-block-at-cost-sales/
    http://blogs.smugmug.com/pros/2005/07/19/tracking-at-cost-sales/

Regarding Gallery Templates, yes:
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/picture-storage

I hope this helps! Holler back with any questions :D

All the best,
  • CammoCammo Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2006
    Savone wrote:

Thanks

Create a gallery and go into customization. Make your settings in there and then go to the top of that page and in the drop down box you can select 'save settings below as'. GIve it a template name and then you can use that from now on. With regards to pricing, open your new gallery. In the photo tools option select custom pro pricing. Change it in 'jump to pricing' to portfolio. This will allow you to set pricing for every gallery apart from any albums or individual images you have set already. Any new albums / galleries uploaded will have these portfolio prices. REMEMBER to put 0.00 in every price field you DON'T want to appear in your price options.

HTH,

Cammo
  • MalteMalte Registered Users Posts: 1,181 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    I'm not able to create a template with the title field empty. If I give the title field a value for the template, will all galleries get the same value if I apply settings in bulk?

Why oh why can I only get to certain settings by creating or editing the said feature?

Thanks.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    Malte wrote:
    I'm not able to create a template with the title field empty. If I give the title field a value for the template, will all galleries get the same value if I apply settings in bulk?

Why oh why can I only get to certain settings by creating or editing the said feature?

Thanks.

Hi Malte,

Are you speaking of Gallery Templates?
    Quick settings (in the gray box along the top): it always defaults to set options manually.
    You can create your own templates that you can use each time you create a new gallery. Choose save settings below as ... from the pull-down menu in the gray box. Type in a name for your new template. Set your gallery options. Then click save.

http://www.smugmug.com/help/picture-storage

The way it works is you make your settings the way you want, and choose "save below settings as" and you have to give this template a name, otherwise you can't save it. You only apply these settings when you want to, to one gallery at a time.

I hope this helps!
  • MalteMalte Registered Users Posts: 1,181 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    Yes, gallery templates. I'm not trying to leave the template name field empty but the title field, as to not copy the title to every gallery I apply this template to.

Getting this error message: Error: You must enter a Title for your gallery.