My boy

kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
edited February 8, 2006 in People
I forgot to change some settings before I took the picture, so I had to desaturate a little to make it look better. I didn't want to throw away this shot. I liked the expression on his face. Also, I cropped it down. And, I don't know what that fuzzy white blur is above his right shoulder. It was taken at f/2.8 and ISO 100, bounced flash and he was on the move...so maybe that had something to do with it.

55563844-L.jpg

Comments

• Bob StanleyBob Stanley Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited February 7, 2006
    What a good looking young fellow your son is!! I like the picture, even with that little blur by his shoulder. thumb.gif !
    Thanks be to God, for our blessings.
  • TristanPTristanP Registered Users Posts: 1,107 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2006
    He's a cutie. Could the shoulder thing be something in the background out of focus?
    panekfamily.smugmug.com (personal)
    tristansphotography.com (motorsports)

Canon 20D | 10-22 | 17-85 IS | 50/1.4 | 70-300 IS | 100/2.8 macro
    Sony F717 | Hoya R72
  • kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2006
    TristanP wrote:
    He's a cutie. Could the shoulder thing be something in the background out of focus?

Thanks. :): Actually I think you're right. This was taken in my bedroom and there were some towels on the floor behind him and a few other things. I bet I just caught a piece of something over his shoulder as he was walking towards me.
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2006
    Good photo, kygarden!
    I think that we can see some features of the mature on his face...
    Spasibo,
    Yuri
    edited February 8, 2006
    Good photo, kygarden!
    I think that we can see some features of the mature on his face...
    Spasibo,
    Yuri

Thanks :) I showed my wife the photo and her comment was "Why did you cut off his head?" Meaning, the photo would have been much better if his whole head was in it. So I shrugged my shoulders and thought to myself, Oh well...not everyone can appreciate photos that are not 'standard'. She's the type that thinks the only good photos are the kind you get from someone like her, who take only what you'd classify as snapshots...with no thought into how you want the photo to look, what mood you're after, etc. And you can forget about showing her a black and white photo. She'll say...it would be better if it was in color...Laughing.gif
  • dancinkatedancinkate Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2006
    What a sweet little face! Nice shot!!
  • StormdancingStormdancing Registered Users Posts: 917 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2006
    When I see pictures like this, I always wonder what is going through their little minds. A million things, no doubt.
    Just like my little boy, a question always on his face along with a few scratches and some dirt. rolleyes1.gif
    Precious!
    Dana
    ** Feel free to edit my photos if you see room for improvement.**
    Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if
    no birds sang there except those that sang best.
    ~Henry Van Dyke
    edited February 8, 2006
    Ok, the color on this one is a little better ;)

55653535-L.jpg