Options

Naked Cowboy

LBGLBG Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
edited October 21, 2004 in Landscapes
Just a couple of shots of the Naked Cowboy who is a daily fixture in Times Square.
He told me that he hadnt missed a day in the last 4 years, he knew the exact number of days. He also mentioned that he pulls in a minimum of $160/hr. and that at times he made $600 an hour.
Funny thing is , he has sponsors. Calvin Klien (undies), and others pay for advertising space on his guitar. Thought you would all enjoy.

8837653-L.jpg
8837648-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2004
    awesome clap.gif

i see him nearly every day. great shots.
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    LBG wrote:
    Just a couple of shots of the Naked Cowboy who is a daily fixture in Times Square.
    He told me that he hadnt missed a day in the last 4 years, he knew the exact number of days. He also mentioned that he pulls in a minimum of $160/hr. and that at times he made $600 an hour.
    Funny thing is , he has sponsors. Calvin Klien (undies), and others pay for advertising space on his guitar. Thought you would all enjoy.

8837653-L.jpg

OOOOOOOOOHHHHH my... hmmm now let me see... hmmmm what can I say fabulous!!!!clap.gif
    Lynn
    p.s. the shot is good too..
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    down girl
    lynnma wrote:
    OOOOOOOOOHHHHH my... hmmm now let me see... hmmmm what can I say fabulous!!!!clap.gif
    Lynn
    p.s. the shot is good too..

lynnie, easy now!
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    You just dont see this stuff in the midwest. Doesn't he freeze his... you know... off in the winter?
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    GREAPER wrote:
    You just dont see this stuff in the midwest. Doesn't he freeze his... you know... off in the winter?
    It might just shrink, I would think he would be embarrassed. Reminds me of a Seinfeld episode.

That is a cool way to earn a living, at least right now at this time of year.

Andy, why have you not shown us a picture of this NYC treasure?

Thanks, Lynn, made my day. clap.gif

g:roll
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    ginger_55 wrote:
    It might just shrink, I would think he would be embarrassed. Reminds me of a Seinfeld episode.
    Elaine: "You mean they SHRINK?"

George: "Like a frightened turtle!"

Elaine (exasperated): "I don't know how you guys walk around with those things..."

rolleyes1.gif One of my favorite scenes!
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2004
    He does that all the way through the winter? Also, I can't believe a guy who is essentially a panhandler (no judgment being made) can pull-in that kind of dough. A little hard to believe. headscratch.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    LBGLBG Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited September 22, 2004
    Not a panhandler
    He is far from that, he is an icon. I dont know him and certainly arent getting defensive but I dont think panhandler is a good characterization.
    Check out his website he has a pretty large following. lbg
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2004
    Ok, I believe you! I simply couldn't read his entire biography. I will say that the man has a, um... great deal of energy!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    happysnapperhappysnapper Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2004
    LBG
    just looking back on some older threads and came across this one... I think this is a great photo, very crisp and sharp.... but most of all, it puts a great big smile on ya face (made me laugh out loud).
    On Ya!
    Yvetterolleyes1.gif

8837653-L.jpg
    [/QUOTE]
    :roflhappily snapping