Options

Chall 22: We Are Not Alone, my fave please look

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited September 21, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
I almost stuck this right up on the Challenge, and I might, but I still want feedback. I held off on the contrast and some of the color purposely, why? I guess at first I wanted to get at the boy's face, then I liked the soft look. I did bring in some cyan, I think, for the bottom of the Gazebo, but this shot is not contrasty, and I know it, does anyone see that as a fault. I took some more of this occasion today, at White Point Gardens, mostly known as the Battery. I will try to include them here of ease of feedback, etc, but if my computer gives out, I will have to start over. Patience and feedback please.
The Theme is most that we are not alone in this world, kind of all species in it together. There is a bit of a father/son theme in one or two shots.

g

8849026-L.jpg

8856031-L.jpg
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    edited September 21, 2004
    *Chall 22, more of We Are Not Alone
    I want to keep the other one on here, in case my PC goes, I will get them all on, and some are blk and white versions and color versions, too. g

8849296-L.jpg

8849298-L.jpg

8849299-L.jpg

8849300-L.jpg
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I want to keep the other one on here, in case my PC goes, I will get them all on, and some are blk and white versions and color versions, too. g
    8849026-S.jpg

this is a lovely shot Ginge... I'd like to see it before you added the cyan and desaturated it a bit. I was going to say it lacked a little punch but maybe I'm wrong.
  • Options
    lynnma wrote:
    8849026-S.jpg

this is a lovely shot Ginge... I'd like to see it before you added the cyan and desaturated it a bit. I was going to say it lacked a little punch but maybe I'm wrong.
    I will post the original, but please don't tell anyone. His father and he were so nice. They offered me some bread to feed the birds, and his father held them so I could get a photo of that. I will post the original in a bit.

It will have Original on the subject line, but ............. I am sending it to Kodak tonight, and all over, so if someone steals it, it will be kind of obvious, just kidding. But it is best to see the original. The boys face was in the shadows.

I know I have not been putting much contrast in the last couple of days. I think it is a mood thing, I am too old for PMS.

ginger (I do like softness with portraits and most children)
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    ginger_55 wrote:
    g

8849026-S.jpg

Ginger,
    I like this one the best, but it does look a little pale for the boys face. The second shot has more contrast, but the shadows around the birds are too dark. If you could get just the boys face more saturated in this shot it would be great. There is good detail with the birds here. This is a great shot.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    snapapple wrote:
    Ginger,
    I like this one the best, but it does look a little pale for the boys face. The second shot has more contrast, but the shadows around the birds are too dark. If you could get just the boys face more saturated in this shot it would be great. There is good detail with the birds here. This is a great shot.
    Maybe he just needs some makeup rolleyes1.gif ! I will figure it out. The problem I have is all the different opinions.

You have a good point on the birds. I was trying to keep his face light, I will work on it.

And shoot, but I don't want to use all my sources in one Challenge. I love this shot, it is about my favorite ever. And it is at a wonderful place in Charleston.
    It is "old Charleston", at the tip where the Cooper River meets the Ashley River to form the Atlantic ocean.

I didn't realize what a source it is for photos, too.

Thanks for looking and all the comments on the way. I would have used that fishing man, except for this shot of the birds and boy.

They were nice people, too.

ginger