ACDSee Pro

galla47galla47 Registered Users Posts: 100 Major grins
edited February 10, 2006 in Finishing School
Hey,

Has anyone out there tried the new ACDSee Pro?? I'm interested in it for RAW processing...

Right now, they are running a special that I can upgrade to it for $40... a $50 savings off the normal upgrade price. Probably to suck you in so that you buy more expensive upgrades in the future. It looks like a cheap way I can get RAW, since I don't own the Nikon application nor Photoshop.

I'm shooting a Nikon D50 if that makes a difference in the RAW processing.

Thanks,

Kevin

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2006
    Raw Shooter Essentials 2005?
    galla47 wrote:
    Hey,

Has anyone out there tried the new ACDSee Pro?? I'm interested in it for RAW processing...

Right now, they are running a special that I can upgrade to it for $40... a $50 savings off the normal upgrade price. Probably to suck you in so that you buy more expensive upgrades in the future. It looks like a cheap way I can get RAW, since I don't own the Nikon application nor Photoshop.

I'm shooting a Nikon D50 if that makes a difference in the RAW processing.

Thanks,

Kevin

Have you looked at Raw Shooter Essentials 2005 which is free and highly regarded by some at http://www.pixmantec.com/?
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • galla47galla47 Registered Users Posts: 100 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2006
    Nope... I wasn't really looking at anything. It's just that I own ACDsee and the upgrade to pro is only $40! The $50 i spent on ACDsee is a sunk cost.

I'll have to look at Raw shooter essentials though... can't beat free!

One of the other enhancements I was looking at in ACDsee pro is the lens correction filters. Does anyone know if it works as good as the CS2 one?

-KG