Regarding the Finalist Process

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited February 21, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hello Dgrin Challengers,

This subject comes up a lot. And I'm sorry that I have to write about this again. Our process is, the 10 finalists are chosen, by the current host, and the prior challenge winner. These two people take a lot of time and carefully evaluate the entries, and judge in the most UNBIASED way possible. Their results are final. This is the way the challenges work. Period.

So when I was doing it full-time as host, with guest judging, some folks weren't happy. Then we added the prior challenge's winner as co-judge, and some other folks weren't happy. Now, we rotate hosts every two challenges and still the prior challenge winner co-judges. And STILL people are unhappy.

Peeps, get over it! If you are chosen, be HAPPY. If you are not chosen, please don't

a) write to judges, moderators or me
b) otherwise complain

and please DO reflect on what you learned from your own shooting, and others, during the past challenge. It's all about learning, and fun.

Comments

• jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,009 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2006
    you don't what too make everbody happyheadscratch.gifeek7.gif well said Andy --no one would enter if you did not think you had a wiiner but only one IS:cry :cry :cry I never like losing umph.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • SullySully Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited February 21, 2006
    Thanks for info for noob. But how does voting on the finalists occur?
  • MotoKatMotoKat Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2006
    enough :bigbs Just put up the poll already!

:smooch
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2006
    MotoKat wrote:

Hmm. Like you guys don't think we know what we're doing lol3.gif

Patience, folks, patience. The judges are working on finalist selection. Thank you. That is all.
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited February 21, 2006
    MotoKat wrote:

Well, we're working on that! :D

You think this is easy? There's almost always way more than ten great pictures out of the bunch. In this last challenge, way way more than ten. But ten it will end up being. Hang in there folks, because as you all know, the very existance of the planet Earth hinges on these challenges. The voting thread will be up within a day or so.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • harjttharjtt Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hello Dgrin Challengers,

This subject comes up a lot. And I'm sorry that I have to write about this again. Our process is, the 10 finalists are chosen, by the current host, and the prior challenge winner. These two people take a lot of time and carefully evaluate the entries, and judge in the most UNBIASED way possible. Their results are final. This is the way the challenges work. Period.

So when I was doing it full-time as host, with guest judging, some folks weren't happy. Then we added the prior challenge's winner as co-judge, and some other folks weren't happy. Now, we rotate hosts every two challenges and still the prior challenge winner co-judges. And STILL people are unhappy.

Peeps, get over it! If you are chosen, be HAPPY. If you are not chosen, please don't

a) write to judges, moderators or me
    b) otherwise complain

and please DO reflect on what you learned from your own shooting, and others, during the past challenge. It's all about learning, and fun.

Andy

Thanks for the update - I am more than happy with the process and leave it the very capable hands of the selectors to decide on which shots to choose. Its going to be a tough decision on which 10 to choose as there were some absolutley marvellous photo's for this challenge and I'd like to thank everyone for posting thumb.gifD

Cheers

HarjTT

PS..

I didn;t realise I was leaving my entry to the wire for my pic!
  • MotoKatMotoKat Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2006
    David_S85 wrote:
    Well, we're working on that! :D

You think this is easy? There's almost always way more than ten great pictures out of the bunch. In this last challenge, way way more than ten. But ten it will end up being. Hang in there folks, because as you all know, the very existance of the planet Earth hinges on these challenges. The voting thread will be up within a day or so.

Just teasing you guys a bit, I know you all do a great job! :sweet