Alexander

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited February 11, 2006 in People
Priviet, dear friends!
I met him on the street and he ageed to pose for me. I took F707 from my portcase... BTW I keep it in a transparent cellophane pack with only lens out...
1. conditions:
3628.jpg

3631.jpg
3629.jpg
3632.jpg
3630.jpg

We have some talks here about 'lost generation' of youth, I dont agree - I meet a lot of nice young people with intellect in their eyes and of course - they are our future ...

Interesting to know your opinions.
Spasibo,
Yuri

Comments

• ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2006
    Yuri, the reason these have sat out here so long with no comments it that everyone has just gotten used to your beautiful work and gotten used to saying how great it is and really there's just nothing new to say. We used up "wow" and "stunning" and "love" and even the deal with the devil. What's left?

I am pea green with envy. Give me that contract! I'll sign away my soul right now to be able to take such great street portraits.
    If not now, when?
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2006
    yuri, yeah, they are nice, like Rutt says!

I too would sell my soul.

But I would like to point out, Rutt, if you are still around and reading, Yuri's shots are only "found" to the degree that he sees something and wants to "hold it in his hand" so to speak. Then he plans carefully, don't you, Yuri.

I read where you wrote some things about how you usually do the women, etc. It is not exactly see, shoot, cut and run.

However, along with Rutt, I would sell my soul.................but whether I want that much involvement, I don't know. Also I am too frightened to ask for as much as you do, and you do have a way with words, Yuri.

How long have you been working on this technique, Yuri, I have forgotten?

Smile, ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2006
    Dont want to make a secret that I was waiting for some comments and critique...
    Alll I can say - Spasibo, rutt - my dear friend!
    Yuri
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2006
    ginger_55 wrote:
    yuri, yeah, they are nice, like Rutt says!

I too would sell my soul.

But I would like to point out, Rutt, if you are still around and reading, Yuri's shots are only "found" to the degree that he sees something and wants to "hold it in his hand" so to speak. Then he plans carefully, don't you, Yuri.

I read where you wrote some things about how you usually do the women, etc. It is not exactly see, shoot, cut and run.

However, along with Rutt, I would sell my soul.................but whether I want that much involvement, I don't know. Also I am too frightened to ask for as much as you do, and you do have a way with words, Yuri.

How long have you been working on this technique, Yuri, I have forgotten?

Smile, ginger

Warning: Selling soul can be dangerous for your health!
    lol
    We also must ask how many Yuri's Internet friends helped him on his way... :-)
    Spasibo, ginger

Yuri
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2006
    Yuri, have you shared your magical secret ingredients? Beyond your terrific eye for beautiful people and obvious skill at getting a good pose and exposure, that is. I'm thinking about your post processing.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2006
    Yuri, I like these better than the girl you put up a bit ago. There is one of her I like, but with these, I like all of them.

I love how I feel the cold just looking at the photo of him!

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2006
    Nice work
    -30c?!?! Can human flesh survive in temps like that?!?! hehehe

As always, I really like your portraits. The 707 in your hands is like a fine violin in the hands of a musician :-)
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie