Colours of love

cariadcariad Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
edited February 19, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
I have an dear since it's close to valentine's day. Pink and reds. Not sure on the lighting, the angle or whether to lift the screen behind the window or scrap the whole idea and come up with something else. Other than resize it, this is straight out of the camera.

Any ideas?

thanks.

Comments

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 10, 2006
    I don't look at that image and think 2-colors. To be very honest, its not a very interesting image. It's dead center, the chain at the top is chopped off, colors aren't popping, colors are flat, and the background is pretty distracting from what I assume is your main subject: the love sign.

Scrap it. Move on. nod.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• cariadcariad Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited February 10, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    I don't look at that image and think 2-colors. To be very honest, its not a very interesting image. It's dead center, the chain at the top is chopped off, colors aren't popping, colors are flat, and the background is pretty distracting from what I assume is your main subject: the love sign.

Scrap it. Move on. nod.gif
    Yes the dead center was a concern, and pop will occur when I play in photoshop. I did take a few more without the screen behind it and at an angle before the darn thing fell off the window and smashed. umph.gif
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2006
    aw, what a shame!
    Your photos will have to serve as a very nice memory of it! I like your second try much better than the first. However, it doesn't seem to me like there are two colors 'dominating' the photo. This is a tough challenge!
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • cariadcariad Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited February 10, 2006
    Tessa HD wrote:
    Your photos will have to serve as a very nice memory of it! I like your second try much better than the first. However, it doesn't seem to me like there are two colors 'dominating' the photo. This is a tough challenge!
    Bah, I don't like either now. I saw the two colours I guess because I wanted to. Maybe I should have taking a photo of my finger as the blood was oozing out after getting pricked on the glass. rolleyes1.gif
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 10, 2006
    I'm sorry you broke your pendant but I enjoyed the chuckle. Thank you. :D
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2006
    Wow! The bloodied finger might have been perfect!!!! Perhaps a wad of white guaze would have been handy. One thing a photographer needs is a good sense of humor and that you have!!! The other thing he needs is a second chance...(That's why man invented digital cameras!!!!) Good luck and keep on shooting!