a fine online camera store

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited September 24, 2004 in Flea Market
i want to report a positive experiene with tallyn's, you can find them right here

i recently bought my canon 20d from them, great price ($1439), prompt & efficient service, they don't bill your cc until they ship, they ship when they say they're going to ship and they keep you informed of backordered items with regular email updates. it's like having the old camera shop you used to frequent on main street, but available to you 24/7 via the internet.

i give them :thumb :thumb

oh and the owner's name is scott and you can talk / email with him, scott@tallyns.com.

i'm not affiliated with these guys, i just like to recognize and pass on a quality outfit.

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2004
    andy wrote:
    i want to report a positive experiene with tallyn's, you can find them right here

i recently bought my canon 20d from them, great price ($1439), prompt & efficient service, they don't bill your cc until they ship, they ship when they say they're going to ship and they keep you informed of backordered items with regular email updates. it's like having the old camera shop you used to frequent on main street, but available to you 24/7 via the internet.

i give them thumb.gifthumb.gif

oh and the owner's name is scott and you can talk / email with him, scott@tallyns.com.

i'm not affiliated with these guys, i just like to recognize and pass on a quality outfit.
    Thanks for the tip Andy.. they have music to listen to as well!!! how nice.
    I have a little money put by from my web design work... I'm desperate to add something to my "stuff" but don't know what... (spoiled brat).. oh what a dilemma.. I don't need a better camera do I... (I have a rebel)
  • PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2004
    andy wrote:

i give them thumb.gifthumb.gif

Thanks for the recommendation, Andy. It's nice to know there are still high standard stores like this on the web.

From a very realistic and honest standpoint, however, I feel they need to start reflecting that amazing quality back into their website and it's appearance. Any regular visitor that is used to BHVideo, Adorama or any other large outfit will feel very skeptical of placing a $1500 purchase online through their store. I know I am.

With free, open-source solutions like www.zen-cart.com available, there really is no justification for having a site that looks so dated. That's just my 2 cents. No harm or ill will is meant...I'm just being honest and constructive.
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    i passed your suggestion on to scott, the owner :)

Thanks for the recommendation, Andy. It's nice to know there are still high standard stores like this on the web.

From a very realistic and honest standpoint, however, I feel they need to start reflecting that amazing quality back into their website and it's appearance. Any regular visitor that is used to BHVideo, Adorama or any other large outfit will feel very skeptical of placing a $1500 purchase online through their store. I know I am.

With free, open-source solutions like www.zen-cart.com available, there really is no justification for having a site that looks so dated. That's just my 2 cents. No harm or ill will is meant...I'm just being honest and constructive.
  • PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    andy wrote:
    i passed your suggestion on to scott, the owner :)
    Thanks, Andy. I just don't want to come off as being rude or negative. I design websites for a living and in this business, perception is reality. You can definitely wow the customers with great customer service...but the hard part is getting the customer to purchase in the 1st place ;)

Here are a few other shopping cart/ecommerce solutions that are ready to go right out of the box...they're not free, but they come highly recommended from some of the big guys at www.sitepoint.com

www.x-cart.com $185 one time fee
    www.turnkeywebtools.com (SunShop) $189.99 one time fee

-Jesus
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF