selecting different image sizes

C0ppert0pC0ppert0p Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited February 26, 2006 in SmugMug Support
When I select any of my images as medium, small or large, they appear initially as a weird gear animation as the images load and then against a background of the greyed out page they were selected from.

How do I turn off that effect?

I have a banner with an embedded flash animation. The banner is not greyed out and now partially covers up the image. The effect ruins the page and since it happens on every single image I have the entire site looks like it was defaced.

When the site was set up this never occurred. What was changed and when was it changed?

Thanks

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2006
    Sounds like you have originals that are less than 800px wide on the max side, and also that you have Originals allowed in your gallery. If you either have Larger Orginals or turn off Originals in your customize gallery, LightBox will not fire when you first click on a pic.

A gallery link would be of wonderful service here, I could see what you mean...
  • C0ppert0pC0ppert0p Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited February 12, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Sounds like you have originals that are less than 800px wide on the max side, and also that you have Originals allowed in your gallery. If you either have Larger Orginals or turn off Originals in your customize gallery, LightBox will not fire when you first click on a pic.

A gallery link would be of wonderful service here, I could see what you mean...
    OOPs Sorry, I forgot that part. www.illustrativeman.smugmug.com

My originals are huge ( 12*18 ) and I don't allow them to be viewed. That leaves me large,medium and small, which is perfect for my site.

So, I guess it really comes down to how do I turn off lightbox, which works great if you don't use flash the way I do.
    edited February 12, 2006
    C0ppert0p wrote:
    OOPs Sorry, I forgot that part. www.illustrativeman.smugmug.com

My originals are huge ( 12*18 ) and I don't allow them to be viewed. That leaves me large,medium and small, which is perfect for my site.

So, I guess it really comes down to how do I turn off lightbox, which works great if you don't use flash the way I do.

Hi -

You are forcing SmugMug Small and you've turned off the bits that allow image size choice, at least in this gallery:

http://illustrativeman.smugmug.com/gallery/854907

So, that means that the viewer will always get LB when he clicks on the image. You've got some odd behavior with your customization, with the LB, part of your header shows up in the LB. Looks like the flash component conflicts with our LB.
    edited February 12, 2006
    wave.gif Coppertop thanks for letting us know. We're seeing what we can do about this! Stay tuned....
    edited February 13, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    wave.gif Coppertop thanks for letting us know. We're seeing what we can do about this! Stay tuned....
    Dude!
    I'm getting a lot of hits originating from "smugmug site security" so I assume that's you working on the flash issue.
    Do you need to take a look at the customizations ? Anything to oblige:):

btw The site is mine, but the css was done by the hired gun.

Cheers
    edited February 13, 2006
    C0ppert0p wrote:
    Dude!
    I'm getting a lot of hits originating from "smugmug site security" so I assume that's you working on the flash issue.
    Do you need to take a look at the customizations ? Anything to oblige:):

btw The site is mine, but the css was done by the hired gun.

Cheers

d00d - yeah - JT and I set up a little test using our internal systems. It's not public, and there's only a few of us doing it. Should be done soon. Let me know if this causes you any heartache on your server etc ok?
    edited February 26, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    d00d - yeah - JT and I set up a little test using our internal systems. It's not public, and there's only a few of us doing it. Should be done soon. Let me know if this causes you any heartache on your server etc ok?

You guys are awesome!!
    The site looks great now and LB still works :)