Options

* challange 22 four for starters

RocketManRocketMan Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
edited September 30, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
Decided to try a different perspective by shooting from above in these first two, one of someone alone with their thoughts and the second two young girls where one appeared upset and the other looks on as though she understands all too well.

The third I liked because of the contrast of their being “together” in the sense of their proximity yet still alone in that they did not appear to know each other.

sitting-man.jpg

two-girls.jpg

2onabench-1.jpg

finally I thought I’d try something not involving people but rather an object alone in a courtyard

iron-work-1.jpg

Comments, please.

RM
http://roadrunes.com
"It's better to bite the hand that feeds you, than to feed the hand that bites you" - Me :D

Comments

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2004
    I think I like the last one best, the intertwined art one, it took me a bit to see the togetherness of it.

the one above it, the two strangers, I like the idea. It bothers me that that tree appears to be growing out of the one person's head. I am kind of a nut about trees and people though. I ruin more shots that way. Also, I wonder if it is a bit soft, not quite clear, might be my eyes, I don't know.

The other two, the cropping bothers me. The one girl does not look too upset to me, and the other girl has that silly smile that my husband has when I am upset, don't know if she is sympathetic or not there.

The cropping does bother me on the top one.

I do like the idea of shooting down.

Good potential, are any of the cropped ones, the top two, were they cropped in PS, or the camera. Just wondered if you had more of the photos available.

And this is just my opinion. Someone else might thing very differently than I do.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    1st one is my favorite by far. On a different note, it sure is nice to see people reading in the park! thumb.gif Good for them!
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

• Options
    You know if those people reading are in focus, you could crop it down to the top part of their heads, and the tree wouldn't show.

I thought of that, because I was scrolling down. When I got past the tree, I got very interested in the photo. You can check out what it would look like by just scrolling down on that picture far enough to get rid of the tree, yet make it look good.

ginger
  • Options
    edited September 29, 2004
    last pics for challenge, (unless something really good happens along :D)

At the Thai festival last weekend
    together in unison
    thai-dancer-8.jpg

the pause
    thai-man.jpg

2 alone in the crowd
    alone-in-crowd.jpg

and while at another festival, this one for the opening of the American Indian Museum,....
    a street preacher

2gether with god
    2gether-with-god.jpg

And finally, just for fun

lady on a donkey in Mom's apartment building lobby

lady-G
    lady-G.jpg

RM
    "It's better to bite the hand that feeds you, than to feed the hand that bites you" - Me :D
  • Options
    edited September 29, 2004
    Rocketman, I like this one best.

sitting-man.jpg

I don't know how to make it smaller.

I have one I would like to use, too, as the person is also calling on the Lord. I just don't think it would fly............

I still like the one with the two book readers, too.

ginger
  • Options
    edited September 30, 2004
    Thanks for the comments Ginger, I think I do to, though I'm gonna post it in the challenge as a B&W which seems to lend itself to the sense of isolation.

RM