Options

Velvia Action

lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
edited October 17, 2004 in Finishing School
I'm having trouble with my Velvia Actin that I downloaded. It was free from.. Adobe Exchange and I put it in my plugins (says you can put it anywhere, thought the seemed like a nice home) but I'm darned if I can make the thing work. It's in "Actions"... what the heck am I doing wrong.. anyone know?:dunno :huh
I just rereadt this post and for some reason I started laughing out loud...:rofl does anyone else have Velvia Action problems????:rollMust be my age...:lol

Comments

• Options
    PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    I'm having trouble with my Velvia Actin that I downloaded. It was free from.. Adobe Exchange and I put it in my plugins (says you can put it anywhere, thought the seemed like a nice home) but I'm darned if I can make the thing work. It's in "Actions"... what the heck am I doing wrong.. anyone know?ne_nau.gifeek7.gif
    I just rereadt this post and for some reason I started laughing out loud...rolleyes1.gif does anyone else have Velvia Action problems????:rollMust be my age...:lol
    Is the image 16bit? Is it in RGB mode? Just a few thoughts. I haven't tried this action but I'm off to go looking for it.
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

• Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    I'm having trouble with my Velvia Actin that I downloaded. It was free from.. Adobe Exchange and I put it in my plugins (says you can put it anywhere, thought the seemed like a nice home) but I'm darned if I can make the thing work. It's in "Actions"... what the heck am I doing wrong.. anyone know?ne_nau.gifeek7.gif
    I just rereadt this post and for some reason I started laughing out loud...rolleyes1.gif does anyone else have Velvia Action problems????:rollMust be my age...:lol

I had the same problem, and for me it was that I had to open the folder that the action was in and then run the action within. I looked like this. The line higlighted in blue is the one to run.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    faceonmarsfaceonmars Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 17, 2004
    Velvia Action
    Hi,

Just read your post about the Velvia Action -- I have one from Fred Miranda that I like a lot because you can tweak it to your preference.
    http://www.fredmiranda.com/DV/

You said that you dropped the action into your Plugin folder.. you should load the action through the action pallete. Click the arrow, select 'Load Action', and then find the action file via the dialoge box . After you've loaded the action, then it should work.

face

http://jamesgavioli.smugmug.com/