Some "cool" pics...

MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
edited February 14, 2006 in Holy Macro
Taken from the crystal gardens site of this years Winterlude... Enjoy!

A fiddler:

55950336-L.jpg

For HarryB and all the birderers:

55950347-L.jpg

Most of the sculptures had been ravaged by the rains we recieved over the past few weeks, but this one was in terrific shape. The mermaid:

55950381-L.jpg

A closer look:

55950390-L.jpg

And even closer:

55950399-L.jpg

AJ

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2006
    mwink.gif These are Wow shots and Art loved the reflection in them
    what is if some lens blur the background in PS ???headscratch.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2006
    mwink.gif These are Wow shots and Art loved the reflection in them
    what is if some lens blur the background in PS ???headscratch.gif

Heh, thank you Awais! You have an excellent eye, I accidentally left my ISO at 640 from experimenting the night before with indoor low-light shots. Lots of shadow noise. :cry

AJ
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2006
    Wow How Cool Are They?
    MuskyDude wrote:
    Taken from the crystal gardens site of this years Winterlude... Enjoy!

A fiddler:
    For HarryB and all the birderers:
    Most of the sculptures had been ravaged by the rains we recieved over the past few weeks, but this one was in terrific shape. The mermaid:
    A closer look:
    And even closer:
    AJ

Some people are so talented aren't they........I just don't understand with those who are artistic or sculptures, how they get the idea out of their heads and created with their hands eek7.gif this has always amazed me.
    There is a lot of detail in those ice carvings too, amazing I say, amazing clap.gif thanks for sharing........... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2006
    Skippy wrote:
    Some people are so talented aren't they........I just don't understand with those who are artistic or sculptures, how they get the idea out of their heads and created with their hands eek7.gif this has always amazed me.
    There is a lot of detail in those ice carvings too, amazing I say, amazing clap.gif thanks for sharing........... Skippy (Australia)

Thanks Skippy! Its really, really too bad that the opening week of this years event had to endure unseasonably warm weather, rain ect... Made a mess of the outdoor events.

The artists are unbelievable, and from all over the world. If the weather co-operates (and when does that ever happen?), its one of the best things about this city in the wintertime.

AJ
  • wally5656wally5656 Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2006
    MuskyDude wrote:
    Thanks Skippy! Its really, really too bad that the opening week of this years event had to endure unseasonably warm weather, rain ect... Made a mess of the outdoor events.

The artists are unbelievable, and from all over the world. If the weather co-operates (and when does that ever happen?), its one of the best things about this city in the wintertime.

AJ

Those are awesome AJ!!!!!

You wouldn't believe how warm it is down here, strange winter!!!!

I love those sculptures, one day I hope to see some!