Help needed!

Deano821Deano821 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited February 13, 2006 in Finishing School
Hi all. I am new here, and I have a question I hope someone can help me with.

I have a business and when I bought a new truck for the business I had a professional photographer take some shots at the truck with a digital camera. He gave me a disk with the image on it. The image is in a psd format. When I give the disk to some of my advertisers, they have no problem working with the file, however when I want to use the image in a word document or in microsoft publisher, I have problem opening or working with the file.

Can I convert this file to another format? If so how. I really appreciate any help.

Comments

• dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2006
    Deano821 wrote:
    Hi all. I am new here, and I have a question I hope someone can help me with.

I have a business and when I bought a new truck for the business I had a professional photographer take some shots at the truck with a digital camera. He gave me a disk with the image on it. The image is in a psd format. When I give the disk to some of my advertisers, they have no problem working with the file, however when I want to use the image in a word document or in microsoft publisher, I have problem opening or working with the file.

Can I convert this file to another format? If so how. I really appreciate any help.

The photographer gave you a disk with the image in photoshop only format (bad bad bad photographer), dude needs a slap on the wrist to wake himself/herself up. Have one of your publishers save it in a .jpg format for you. Will take them all of two seconds.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Deano821Deano821 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited February 13, 2006
    Is there any way I can do this myself?

Most of the advertisers I use are not local.

Thanks
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2006
    Deano821 wrote:
    Is there any way I can do this myself?

Most of the advertisers I use are not local.

Thanks
    Yes. Find someone with a copy of Photoshop.
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2006
    If you use a PC, the free program Irfanview should be able to open .psd files. You can then save it in another format (.jpg, etc.)

If you use a Mac, the Preview program has a File/ Export function that works in much the same way.