Can't Delete Photos

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited April 15, 2006 in SmugMug Support
http://upacreekPHOTOGRAPHY.smugmug.com/gallery/1154543/1/55879652

I seem to have lost the ability to delete my photos from my gallery. That could be due to "me", but I have searched and searched. I have hated to ask, but I really do need to delete some photos from this gallery, and I am sure the issue will come up again.

I went to the help menu. It said that under tools, found under the larger photo (as it used to be) is "delete bulk" and from there one can delete photos.

Of course one needs to be logged in. I thought maybe something had happened there, so I logged out and logged back in again, still nothing with the words "delete" in them.

that is the gallery link above. I am giving you the opportunity to make a fool out of me, but I am desperate. I even made the gallery public to make sure that it is accessable. I think it is called February or some such thing.

I don't know what a light box is??? Maybe I like it, maybe I don't. I have had extremely slow uploads lately................I did abort an upload, discovered to let them be slow and not abort. They seem back to normal now. I thought it might have been traffic.

But I do need to be able to delete some of these photos, please. Am sorry to have to ask.

ginger:uhoh
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2006
    ginger_55 wrote:

I seem to have lost the ability to delete my photos from my gallery.

Ginger,

Click on a photo, get it in single image view, then look for photo tools underneath the photo. From there, you can delete a single photo or multiple photos.

You can also change the VIEWing style to SmugMug for example, then the photo tools will be underneath the photo already.

I hope this helps!
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2006
    http://upacreekPHOTOGRAPHY.smugmug.com/gallery/1154543/1/55879286

It doesn't help, I already know where "tools" is, I use it all the time. Delete photos has disappeared from my menu.

Can anyone look?????

ginger
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2006
    ginger_55 wrote:
    http://upacreekPHOTOGRAPHY.smugmug.com/gallery/1154543/1/55879286

It doesn't help, I already know where "tools" is, I use it all the time. Delete photos has disappeared from my menu.

Can anyone look?????

ginger

Ginger,

I did look. Delete photos is there. What browser are you using, are you logged in for sure? Try this:

Log off
    clear all cookies
    delete your temp files
    Log back on

Let me know :)
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2006
    That worked, deleting all the cookies did it. ???

I don't know why.

I only have internet explorer on this PC, still have not added Mozilla Firefox. I have been using the pro gallery mostly, have uploaded photos and all, just that one thing disappeared.

I had tried logging out and logging in again. I don't know, it is set for now.

ginger (thanks)
  • turnerphototurnerphoto Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited April 15, 2006
    Can't delete photo
    Ginger-I just had this exact same problem-I was on Internet Explorer and my delete option just wasn't there...I logged out and went back on Mozilla and there it was. I found your post and sounded like we had the same problem. Thought I would let you know! Lisa

ginger_55 wrote:
    That worked, deleting all the cookies did it. ???

I don't know why.

I only have internet explorer on this PC, still have not added Mozilla Firefox. I have been using the pro gallery mostly, have uploaded photos and all, just that one thing disappeared.

I had tried logging out and logging in again. I don't know, it is set for now.

ginger (thanks)
    TurnerPhoto
    trying to figure it all out