747 at Sunset

JohnEBongoJohnEBongo Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
edited February 13, 2006 in Holy Macro
I guess this is the most approptiate place for this image. This 747 was on short final to runway 1R at Dulles International Airport in the late afternoon sunlight. I tried something a little different from what I usually do and got this shot...........
ISO 100 f5.6 1/500s
55845787-L.jpg

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2006
    JohnEBongo wrote:
    I guess this is the most approptiate place for this image. This 747 was on short final to runway 1R at Dulles International Airport in the late afternoon sunlight. I tried something a little different from what I usually do and got this shot...........
    ISO 100 f5.6 1/500s
    55845787-Ti.jpg

Sweet, i like that it is almost like a silhouet. The extremely bright spot at the right, is a bit too bright for my liking, looks a little blown to me. Love the clouds in the back tho!
    The only thing that is a little strange for me, is the angle. If it wasn't for the configurationg the plane is in, i wouldn't have been able to tell if she was climbimg, or descending.

But all in all, very cool shotthumb.gif
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2006
    WOW goes to it this is brilliant shot
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2006
    Very cool! I love how you can see light coming from between the flaps, and you can tell that she is in a landing full flaps configuration. Are you from around the Washington area?