Does this work?

Thanks! :D

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2006
    turnip wrote:
    Does this work?

Thanks! :D
    IMO, this is three colors; brown; red, and the blue of the background. And, I don't have a suggestion to fix it. The first thought that occured to me was to fad the background to white, but then you have a large expanse of white instead of the blue. Crop it down so the background isn't so much of the image? Not sure that would work either.headscratch.gif

But, anywhere other than this challenge, I would have to say that this photo really works.:):
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2006
    neat idea,
    very creative. Maybe a different perspective would give it more oomph (?) and tone done the bluish background?

Before you take it apart, I think you otta put your cam on multi-burst then light your creation! :D
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • turnipturnip Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited February 14, 2006
    thanks for your input, guys. i'm going to scrap this idea altogether as the red is just too subtle. when i think colors two, i think two dominant colors. anyway, here's the pic without any blue (or at least, a lot less).

ta ta.
  • NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2006
    turnip wrote:
    thanks for your input, guys. i'm going to scrap this idea altogether as the red is just too subtle. when i think colors two, i think two dominant colors. anyway, here's the pic without any blue (or at least, a lot less).

ta ta.
    looks good.thumb.gif I wonder how it'd look in B&W? Did u try it in greyscale?
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2006
    turnip wrote:

ta ta.
    Red too subtle. I don't think so. With the way you have increase the saturation of the red and with less blue, I think this works very well.thumb.gif

A B&W image might be very nice as well, but the color you have posted above is very nice.
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2006
    I agree with Scott. Even though there are more than two colors in the shot I think the brownish yellow of the wood and red are the dominent colors of the shot therefor works for the challenge. Did you try any shots at a lower angle? I think that may work also. I do like your DOF a lot.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2006
    Oh, I forgot, I like the colors in the second post better, they stand out better.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 17, 2006
    shoot this against a black background. I bet you won't think the red too subtle then.
  • turnipturnip Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited February 17, 2006
    thanks guys.

i know the red isn't really subtle. i mean that there's not enough of it. when i think colors two, i think two very dominant colors (like my actual submission). when i look at that photo, i see a lot of white and very little red & brown. it seems sort of unbalanced. that's just my take on things. thanks a lot for your comments and your criticisms. i can tell this site is really going to help me look at my work from different perspectives (is that a pun?).

just as an aside - this site is something of a rarity on the internet. seems that every forum i go to, there is so much bicking, name calling, eff you and up yours'. you guys are so grounded! thank you!

nathan