Help with Photoshop action question

bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
edited February 13, 2006 in Finishing School
I am trying to setup an action that I can run automate batch on in Photoshop 7.

I need it to open a entire folder of about 550 images one at a time and then open a logo and copy the logo into the document.

I can get it to do one and I record it but the problem lies when I try to execute it, each time I try and set up this batch command the override in the batch dialogue overrides both open commands not just the first one. I have tried a couple different things and can't get this too work. Any photoshop pros that can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
"A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me

Comments

• cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2006
    bham wrote:
    I am trying to setup an action that I can run automate batch on in Photoshop 7.

I need it to open a entire folder of about 550 images one at a time and then open a logo and copy the logo into the document.

I can get it to do one and I record it but the problem lies when I try to execute it, each time I try and set up this batch command the override in the batch dialogue overrides both open commands not just the first one. I have tried a couple different things and can't get this too work. Any photoshop pros that can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
    Have you tried using the clipboard to get your logo into the images?

Open your logo, copy it to the clipboard, then record your macro including a 'paste' command to add your logo to the image. You'll just have to remember to copy the logo to the clipboard before running the macro.
  • bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2006
    cletus wrote:
    Have you tried using the clipboard to get your logo into the images?

Open your logo, copy it to the clipboard, then record your macro including a 'paste' command to add your logo to the image. You'll just have to remember to copy the logo to the clipboard before running the macro.

Awesome suggestion. I'll try it. Thank you very much.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me