Happy VTD to ME!!! the 20d

ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
edited February 16, 2006 in Cameras
The 20D should be here tomorrow:clap:clap:clap:clap No this was not part of my plan. So the story, hang in there folks.

My plan was to save my pennies for the 400 f5.6. Keep working on learning CS2 (Bridge is pretty cool, that is all the farther I am in the Kelby book) and continue learning what the heck I'm doing with the reb. Since I don't work I decided to turn Ebay into a yard sale. Years ago I use to collect pottery and glass, old houses should have knick knacks all over, got wise, you have to dust that crap, packed it all up. The Whosit (he is now calling himself Biscuit Boy, don't ask) found this all quite funny. Story on that, Don has worked mass overtime all his life, never had a hobby, ok he did have one back in the early 70's but gave it up for marriage. He now has discovered the world of dwarf and unusual conifers and ya know what there was no way I would cut into his conifer money, the man can spend me into the dirt BTW and that is saying something. Who would have thunk it?

So the other night he said, honey get the camera. Me huh? You on drugs or having an affair? A VTD gift from the Whosit? :huh

So he is taking Thursday off and we are going out to shoot TOGETHER!!!!! Is that just not too cool:D:D:D:D

Comments

• JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2006
    Congratulations! Sounds like you got yourself a good one (husband that is).
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2006
    JimM wrote:
    Congratulations! Sounds like you got yourself a good one (husband that is).

I do Jim, I really do.
  • RohirrimRohirrim Registered Users Posts: 1,889 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2006
    Congrats Thusie, I think you'll love your new toy, don't forget the hubby too :D
    edited February 14, 2006
    Rohirrim wrote:
    Congrats Thusie, I think you'll love your new toy, don't forget the hubby too :D

Thanks Steve. Not to worry won't forget hubbyiloveyou.gif
  • TristanPTristanP Registered Users Posts: 1,107 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2006
    Congrats - that's awesome. You'll love it. thumb.gif
    panekfamily.smugmug.com (personal)
    tristansphotography.com (motorsports)

Canon 20D | 10-22 | 17-85 IS | 50/1.4 | 70-300 IS | 100/2.8 macro
    Sony F717 | Hoya R72
    edited February 14, 2006
    Thanks Tristan,

Since you are a new 20d user any words of wisdom?
  • TristanPTristanP Registered Users Posts: 1,107 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2006
    The best trick I've come across so far is to set custom function 8 or 13 (I don't remember which it is) to 1 so that you can choose your focus point using just the joystick, rather than having to press the upper right button on the back first.
    panekfamily.smugmug.com (personal)
    tristansphotography.com (motorsports)

Canon 20D | 10-22 | 17-85 IS | 50/1.4 | 70-300 IS | 100/2.8 macro
    Sony F717 | Hoya R72