White balance off?

XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
edited February 16, 2006 in People
Seems like the WB is off, models hair looks blue ;)

56339525-L.jpg

Feedback welcome.

XO,
You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com

Comments

• stephcha@nmsu.edustephcha@nmsu.edu Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited February 14, 2006
    WHOA, 1st of all that is a REALY COOLl pic.... 2nd is ouch! I am assuming these are real peircings? But kudos to her for having more guts than i to do something like that...

as a side note i saw something on tv late at night on Dr. 90210 (laugh if you wish) and it had a girl get peirced on her back like that and then pulled off of the floor and suspended from them.... totally insane

steve
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2006
    so is this the latest fad? wow,
    something is off and I don't think it's your wb! :giggle

can I ask, why are her legs (which are very pretty) so much pinker than her back, is it from nylons? is it just me or is it blurry around her bra line?

boy that's something, thanks for sharing
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited February 14, 2006
    if you tighten those laces I'm guessing it will give her an immediate boob lift-

neat pics (including purple lady)-

thanks for sharing-

george
    edited February 14, 2006
    have you got any models with body scarring?--

fascinating--
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2006
    Very cool shot. Definately an "independent thinker" for a model though.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2006
    This shot does nothing for me & the lighting is very flat. Try for some more modeling of her features. There is also a red/magenta cast (so yes, I do think your wb is off!)
    edited February 14, 2006
    I agree with Owen that there needs to be more modeling of her features-

have the model turn around-

george
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2006
    Nice to see you posting again XO.

I think this shot would be more interesting with a tighter crop, maybe skirt on up, her face turned, and a dark background. The tighter crop would give a better view of the tattoos and piercing.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2006
    gluwater wrote:
    Nice to see you posting again XO.

I think this shot would be more interesting with a tighter crop, maybe skirt on up, her face turned, and a dark background. The tighter crop would give a better view of the tattoos and piercing.

How tight would you like it?

56339522-L.jpg

OR
    56339518-L.jpg

or
    56339514-L.jpg

All different shots from that same shoot.

Thanks Owen for pointing out the cast, there are some other pictures in there similar to that, not sure what happened, I saved a curve in LAB and then batched it, but that one and a couple of others came out different.

On the reason for the first pic why the legs seem more pink/lighter than the back, I only have one hypothesis. The monoheads are aiming slightly down with umbrella's and all, and the models back is curved vs her legs, so the angle lights-legs-camera is different than the angle lights-back-camera.

Another challenge, lots of my models are of the Gothic pursuation, their skin tones come back numerical in some unbelievable values, amazing what sleeping upside down in a coffin during the daylight hrs will do rolleyes1.gif

On showing more features and curves, while there certainly are pictures in existence, DGRIN and SMUGMUG specifically prohibit such.

XO,
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2006
    My favorite is #2. Shows off the tattoos and the ribbon nicely. The fingers covering her left breast are a little distracting...
    Chris
    edited February 15, 2006
    I prefer the 1st crop, I think the skirt adds to the photo, but I would still have liked to see her face turned.
    Nick
    nickwphoto
    edited February 15, 2006
    gluwater wrote:
    I prefer the 1st crop, I think the skirt adds to the photo, but I would still have liked to see her face turned.

Darn you are picky, hmm OK
    how about...
    56339510-L.jpg

Again same shoot, different pic.

XO,
    Mark Twain

edited February 15, 2006
    Well.....I think she is turned a little to far to the right rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    I'm just kidding. I think that is much better. I think with her face showing the picture becomes more personable, more about her and not just her tatoos and piercings. And like I said before it is good to see you posting again.
    Nick
    nickwphoto
    edited February 16, 2006
    gluwater wrote:
    Well.....I think she is turned a little to far to the right rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    I'm just kidding. I think that is much better. I think with her face showing the picture becomes more personable, more about her and not just her tatoos and piercings. And like I said before it is good to see you posting again.

THX, it is good to be back :D
    Mark Twain

• DavidoffDavidoff Registered Users Posts: 409 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2006
    Nice set, surely, but about that first one... try levels, set a white point on the wall just above her waist and a black point on the darkest bit of her shoes... that'll look nice !