Options

Buyer beware!

PoseidonPoseidon Registered Users Posts: 504 Major grins
edited February 15, 2006 in Mind Your Own Business
[FONT=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Has anyone else ever placed a "Want it now" ad on E-bay? I posted my first and LAST yesterday. The responses have been quite comical. The purpose of my post was to invite a little competition between the reputable sellers of a 1D mark II N. I have seen them listed for $3649 + 28 shipping, and now the same seller is listing them for $3749 + 28 shipping. Well the responses I have received are ALL in very poor english, and have been quoting prices between 800 and 1600 for NEW IN BOX 1D2N's!!! YEAH RIGHT Here are the keys to my car too, and I want that BRIDGE in brooklyn too!

Has anyone else had this experience?

Here is a sample from "MyEbay":

"hello Canon 1D mark II N New in Box USA only (#xxxxxxx1867)
the price is $1500 are brand new still in their original package factory sealed.
They ship with all the accessories provided by the manufacturer and
have international warranty . All the manuals and the original
documentation are in English language. Say hello first, and please scuse me that i contact you,
but I have seen that you are interested to buy this great item from Auction.
This is my first time when i use the internet to sell something and i don't know how it works.
I want to inform you that I have the same model and the same colour,
just for sale. All that I want is to make a good deal and all my customers to be happy.
For more information please email me back !
Thank you verry much
please contact me e-mail jennyferxxxxx at yahoo.com"

Email address changed of course!

So how many should I buy? lol.gif
[/FONT]
Mike LaPorte
Perfect Pix

Comments

• Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2006
    get one for me too! I have the same issue with Craigslist all the time. I guess people must fall for it.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2006
    I still am in SHOCK over one that said $800 SHIPPED! Of coarse that was coming from California, yet it was going to arrive in "my country" in less then 2 days time! I asked if it was coming from CA why did it have to leave the USA?? ne_nau.gif
    Mike LaPorte
    Perfect Pix
  • Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2006
    Well first he had to steal it in CA then hide out in Mexico and ship it back to you.rolleyes1.gif
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    edited February 15, 2006
    bham wrote:
    Well first he had to steal it in CA then hide out in Mexico and ship it back to you.rolleyes1.gif

OH! So that is why it has to come back to "my country"!!

What a NUT!
    Mike LaPorte
    Perfect Pix