fish goes macro..........and not (2 imgs)

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited February 16, 2006 in Holy Macro
56402294-L.jpg

56402296-L.jpg

Top shot with my new Macro lens, first shots with it. Got to the fish market before I saw any little critters, or even flowers.............

Also used the 16-35mm f2.8, as in the below shot.

ginger
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Bob&GlennieBob&Glennie Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2006
    Hey G. Did you get a release form with that?rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif I like #2. Fish market. Really interesting place to go in search of images. hmmmm!

Bob
    See with your Heart
  • NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2006
    Hey G. Did you get a release form with that?rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif I like #2. Fish market. Really interesting place to go in search of images. hmmmm!

Bob
    well you know it is dinnertime here, I'm hungry! Poor guys...will end up a bag of bones in the trash....rolleyes1.gif
    I really like the second one. You are brave Ginger. I'm such a chicken to pull out the cam in certain places. Guess I'm shy and need to get OVER it!

Hey, have you ever considered putting all your inpromtu shots online in one of those picture purchase sites for ad peeps? I was looking at one the other day and was thinking, geesh these people are making money off their everyday shots...some photographers putting together a whole slew of food photos and people shots for use in ads.?thumb.gif
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2006
    Netgarden, what ad things??? Where???

I got grilled by the owner of that fish market, I hate it, I really do! I go in, look like I am full of confidence, ask permission, she says yes, then I took a few photos, asked if I could come back if I needed to, and she hesitantly said yes, then she got braver and asked why I was doing this. She wanted to know if I was selling the images for advertising or if it was for personal use.

She was much happier that it was personal, but I get so scared!

I mean it is bad enough to go through this stuff, but I can't understand words that well, if I can hear them, I hear them in parts. I am hard of hearing and I wear very powerful hearing aids, but I don't hear normally with them. Certain frequencies just aren't there anymore.

So, I really hate the personal contacts part of this "business" I pay to do.rolleyes1.gif .

Sometimes, like the guy at the beach with the surfing kite, well, the wind was blowing hard, I couldn't hear him, but he understood that, managed to get across to me that he would like to see my shots once I worked them up. Then he did his thing, I did mine, and we were both happy. I look forward to seeing him again. If he likes to enjoy the sunset by kite surfing, well, that would be a joy for me.

And my pictures were good, he really showed off, I was comfortable, we were the only ones out in the cold and the wind, the sunset was gorgeous. Now I liked that.

But that woman, she was suspicious and nervous, and so was I: at the fish shop I mean.

ginger (thanks for stopping and commenting, if you get a chance and see one of those places, or whatever you are talking about, let me know. Please.)
  • Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2006
    That fish is staring at me.:oogle
    -Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.
    edited February 16, 2006
    Gosh, he is, Steven. He seems to be staring at me, too.rolleyes1.gif

ginger
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2006
    Looking Good
    ginger_55 wrote:

Top shot with my new Macro lens, first shots with it. Got to the fish market before I saw any little critters, or even flowers.............

Also used the 16-35mm f2.8, as in the below shot.

ginger

Hey there Ginger......... I can see your gonna have a ball with your new lens ...... looks good to me thumb.gif I like how you framed both those shots too Ginger clap.gif ........ Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited February 16, 2006
    Thanks, Skippy!

Just about the best thing was that my hands did NOT smell fishy after moving all that fish around.

I hate the smell of those fish places, but that was pretty cool.

ginger, who needs to start cooking fish to eat.
  • NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2006
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Thanks, Skippy!

Just about the best thing was that my hands did NOT smell fishy after moving all that fish around.

I hate the smell of those fish places, but that was pretty cool.

ginger, who needs to start cooking fish to eat.

Ohhh fish hands on that new lens! Nooooooooo!!!!!!!rolleyes1.gif

Reminds me to stay off of ebayne_nau.gifrolleyes1.gif

Shoot, I can't remember the site, darn it. It was an album upload site and they offered a average % of the take on your shots. Darn, I can't even remember what I had clicked on to get to it. Well... your hearing may be bad, but my brain is shot.rolleyes1.gif1drink.gif
  • Bob&GlennieBob&Glennie Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2006
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I got grilled by the owner of that fish market, I hate it, I really do! I go in, look like I am full of confidence, ask permission, she says yes, then I took a few photos, asked if I could come back if I needed to, and she hesitantly said yes, then she got braver and asked why I was doing this. She wanted to know if I was selling the images for advertising or if it was for personal use.

She was much happier that it was personal, but I get so scared!

But that woman, she was suspicious and nervous, and so was I: at the fish shop I mean.

ginger

Wow Ginger I know how you feel. don't you hate that? I don't know if you'll remember but I was quite apprehensive about selling our house in the country and moving into the city? Well we're moved and settled and it's a challenge for a guy who used to spend so much time in the bush with his camera to be around all these people all the time. I'm trying to adapt to a different kind of photography now and people get really wierd when thay see a camera come out. Especially on the bus and it's shame because there are so many interesting looking people on the buses. They think you're some kind of "perve" who's going to obsess over their picture or somethingne_nau.gifne_nau.gif

But I'm the one who lectured you about "working the land" and I saw you rise to the challenge and do a superb job of it so I guess it's time for a little of my own medicine, Eh?

Theres a great article in this month's POP Photography about aproaching people. Fortunately, this is beautiful city with lots of undeveloped park land. There's mallards and deer and ospreys and geese and swans right in the city. And there's two new (new to me that is) rivers to explore so I can still persue my passion for landscape and nature.

I managed to grab this on Saturday morning. Nearly froze my butt doing it. It was so cold that the river was steaming in the cold air. ( no post processing)

"Morning light on the Ottawa"
    Attachment not found.

Take care G
    Bob
    See with your Heart