ch58: two colors, two choices

queequegqueequeg Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
edited February 15, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
There's this one...
56375002-L-1.jpg

But my boyfriend thinks that this one is more suitable for the challenge:

56375000-L-1.jpg

I feel like maybe the second one is three colors, that there's too much white. Is it worth a reshoot to get in closer and get the white out?

Comments

• ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2006
    I like the second. But the background is a little distracting. Maybe try a reshoot with a bit less wrinkles? And/or black background?
    Chris
  • bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited February 15, 2006
    queequeg wrote:
    There's this one...

But my boyfriend thinks that this one is more suitable for the challenge:

I feel like maybe the second one is three colors, that there's too much white. Is it worth a reshoot to get in closer and get the white out?

i think both have potential.

i'm not sold on the composition of the yarn...but it definitely says color.

i like the orange and cloves for an interesting subject...but i think you need to get more light and more white, not less. all the wrinkles in the plastic are distracting and the orange is not orange enough...if that makes sense.
    Pedal faster
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2006
    same here
    15524779-Ti.gif nice job though!
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2006
    both good concepts
    I'd play around a little with both these ideas... would be nice in the yarn shot not to see the white in the upper right hand corner... and maybe use a paper bag to bring in brown for the cloves in the orange? Would be cool to use two lights, one to have a rim effect on the orange (small light behind the orange) as well as normal light on the side, then it would look like an alien moon scape :):