I'll give it a shot. Does this work for colors 2?

spider-tspider-t Registered Users Posts: 443 Major grins
edited February 17, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
New to these challenges.

I don't really get what this theme is about. But it seems like we're going for two distinct colors?

56506335-L.jpg

cheers,
Trish

Comments

• spider-tspider-t Registered Users Posts: 443 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2006
    Should I consider no feedback a vote for scrapping this one and trying something else?

Or may I just posted it too late at night.

cheers,
    Trish
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2006
    Sorry spider but the shot is just boring. It does has two dominating colors but
    so? I have looked at yoru galleries and you have some awesome stuff. Do you like this shot? Maybe I am not seeing what you are.
    edited February 16, 2006
    4labs wrote:
    Sorry spider but the shot is just boring. It does has two dominating colors but so? I have looked at yoru galleries and you have some awesome stuff. Do you like this shot? Maybe I am not seeing what you are.

Yeah, I hear ya. Do I like the shot? I don't hate it. I thought the image was odd. Sometimes odd is interesting enough to me. But 'boring' is definitely good feedback.

I wouldn't have shot it if I wasn't trying to fit the challenge topic. Maybe I'll see if the next challenge topic is a little more inspiring to me.

thanks! :-)
    Trish
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2006
    spider-t wrote:
    Yeah, I hear ya. Do I like the shot? I don't hate it. I thought the image was odd. Sometimes odd is interesting enough to me. But 'boring' is definitely good feedback.

I wouldn't have shot it if I wasn't trying to fit the challenge topic. Maybe I'll see if the next challenge topic is a little more inspiring to me.

thanks! :-)
    Trish

I think that is a very good point you made here. I find myself doing the same thing for challenges. Even though I haven't entered one before the current challenge I am always on the lookout for something that I think fits the current challenge. I find myself taking shots and trying to make them fit. Even if I don't like the shot I take it and then throw it out later because I don't like it. The challenges make me look outside my usual scope of photography which is good because I learn from it. I have learned that I am not very good at it yet but am steadily progressing.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2006
    Hi Trish

I think the shot needs more context. I wanna know... why Thank you?
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 17, 2006
    Oh my God, someone has stolen Trish's camera and name and posted this shot.... it just isn't possible that the same person who shot this, shot all the fabulous pictures on her website!

:D
    edited February 17, 2006
    Ha!
    Angelo wrote:
    Oh my God, someone has stolen Trish's camera and name and posted this shot.... it just isn't possible that the same person who shot this, shot all the fabulous pictures on her website!

:D
    Ha ha! You're funny Angelo! rolleyes1.gif

Nope, no stolen camera. Apparently, while I can handle myself OK behind a camera following my own inspirations, I am LOUSY at finding a shot to fit a "challenge topic".

Perhaps I'll consider this an area of potential and try again in a future challenge.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

-Trish
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 17, 2006
    spider-t wrote:
    Ha ha! You're funny Angelo! rolleyes1.gif

Nope, no stolen camera. Apparently, while I can handle myself OK behind a camera following my own inspirations, I am LOUSY at finding a shot to fit a "challenge topic".

Perhaps I'll consider this an area of potential and try again in a future challenge.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

-Trish

Trish, I so totally understand. I find myself trying so hard to conform to challenges that I come up with really lousy shots.

Not that your shot is "really lousy"... rolleyes1.gif I just mean I know what happens when one tries too hard to make a photo work.