Campfires and Guitars

coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
edited February 18, 2006 in People
Well me and Richard got ditched the night before Valentine's day, so we had ourselves a nice roaring bonfire alone and took pictures to make the girls jealous. :rofl In the set were these two that are a lot alike. I like the first one for its solid one-color simpleness, but the second has the reflection of the fire, and a spark floating in to help set the atmosphere a little more plainly. Which one of these do the rest of you like more? Each was a three second exposure on a tripod.

Here's the first:
John Borland
www.morffed.com

Comments

• coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2006
    And here's the second:
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • HeldDownHeldDown Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2006
    My humble opinion: lose the spark, and take his face/head from the first shot and put it on the guitar/arm of the second; a bit of curves and you've got a MINT shot on your hands!

If you'd like me to post it, I did a little bit of quick editing to your images to show what I mean. I combined the two shots as I suggested, curved a tad of red out and boosted the contrast, did a bit of skewing on the guitar layer and gave the whole thing a bit of a twist (to correct his posture.) I then cropped it in a bit. Let me know if you'd like to see the results!
    imageNATION
    SEEING THE WORLD IN A WHOLE NEW LIGHT...
    http://www.imag-e-nation.net
  • coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2006
    HeldDown wrote:
    My humble opinion: lose the spark, and take his face/head from the first shot and put it on the guitar/arm of the second; a bit of curves and you've got a MINT shot on your hands!

If you'd like me to post it, I did a little bit of quick editing to your images to show what I mean. I combined the two shots as I suggested, curved a tad of red out and boosted the contrast, did a bit of skewing on the guitar layer and gave the whole thing a bit of a twist (to correct his posture.) I then cropped it in a bit. Let me know if you'd like to see the results!

Yeah, sure, let's see what you've got. I'll give that a shot too and play with it some. For some reason I didn't even think of combining the two. ne_nau.gif Sorry it took me a bit to respond, I was out of town for a couple days. Thanks for the thoughts!
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com