Options

The 20D is here and I have a question

ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
edited February 16, 2006 in Cameras
I have done a serch and can not find any info on what color space is best for the camera sRGB or aRGB. I shoot is raw. Help would be greatly appreciated.
Oh and firmware update 203, do or don't do?

First take on the 20D. It got here late so first shots outside were in not so hot light using the 70-200 f4 ISO 400..No AF HUNTING! Have the BG so it is bigger and heavier than the reb yet easier to hold steady, Don noticed this too. BTW he fell in love with it, not good:wxwax

Got the hand strap from Jim (THANKS ANDY:thumb) love it, love it. Jim lives just down the road from me.

The shutter button isn't as soft, only word I can think of, as the reb, will have to work on the finger roll again.

I LOVE that resounding thwak of the shutter.

Don took the day off and it is pouring rain:cry

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2006
    Thusie wrote:
    I have done a serch and can not find any info on what color space is best for the camera sRGB or aRGB. I shoot is raw. Help would be greatly appreciated.
    Oh and firmware update 203, do or don't do?

1. Set your camera to sRGB Nonda, and forget about it afterwards. THIS WILL ONLY affect in-camera produced JPGs. Your RAW files get processed into a color space during RAW Conversion - USE sRGB and NOTHING else Nonda - here's why:

http://www.smugmug.com/help/srgb-versus-adobe-rgb-1998

2. YES upgrade the firmware always to the latest Canon offers.
  • Options
    ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2006
    Thanks much Andy!
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2006
    Congratulations, Thusie!!!

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.