Options

how do i resize 100 images

snappydsnappyd Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited December 22, 2006 in Finishing School
i must send 100 headshots to an IT department and thy must be 120x200 pixels:scratch
how can i do this efficiently:dunno

Comments

• Options
    JustinasJustinas Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited February 16, 2006
    snappyd wrote:
    i must send 100 headshots to an IT department and thy must be 120x200 pixelsheadscratch.gif
    how can i do this efficientlyne_nau.gif

You can create action and then run batch (File>Automate>Batch...)
    Action should be only about resizing and batch will help you to run it for whole folder or whatever there is ;).
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2006
    snappyd wrote:
    i must send 100 headshots to an IT department and thy must be 120x200 pixelsheadscratch.gif
    how can i do this efficientlyne_nau.gif
    in addition to the prev poster, you'll want to use "Save For Web" and find out if they recipient wants jpgs or gifs.
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2006
    Check out the Image Processor
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 16, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    Yup, what a great tool. But, I think you could tell me about this 1 billion times, and I'll keep on forgetting about it.

lol3.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2006
    Question for Australians
    DavidTO wrote:

I have a bunch of photos that aren't the same size to start off with. I want to resize them to 1028 pixels wide, and the height can be whatever, as long as it's constrained. Can this script handle that?
  • Options
    edited February 16, 2006
    Dee wrote:
    I have a bunch of photos that aren't the same size to start off with. I want to resize them to 1028 pixels wide, and the height can be whatever, as long as it's constrained. Can this script handle that?

It should.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    snappydsnappyd Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited February 16, 2006
    i tried but...
    i guess i need more help

i do not have enough knowledge to anwer all the info needed in the box you get after clicking on batch...mwink.gif
  • Options
    digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2006
    I find this script easiest to use through Bridge. Here's some brief instructions:

1. Navigate to the directory containing the files that you want. Hopefully you've got them all in one directory

2. Select all the photos (Ctrl-A on the PC)

3. Select Tools->Photoshop->Image Processor

4. The dialog box comes up and in section 1, it should say that you have 100 photos selected

5. Section 2 allows you to select a target directory for the resized photos. I would definitely choose another directory.

6. Section 3 - Select Save as jpeg, Select a Quality (8-10 will probably be fine), select Resize to fit, and select Convert Profile to sRGB (this maintains compatibility with the web, etc.). Don't bother with the save as PSD or Save as TIFF

7. Now we have to select the width and height. I don't recall whether you said if the pictures were all oriented the same way or not. This is part of the challenge that probably tricked you up. If you want them to be 120 x 200 or 200 x 120, then input the longest side (200) into both the width and height box.

8. Section 4 can also be very useful. I have a basic sharpening action that I sometimes run in the Run Action section. You don't have to have anything here. I would fill in the Copyright Info box though. I would also select Include ICC profile.

Hit the OK button, and you should be in business.

Regards,
    Brad
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2006
    Windows picture resizer is fast easy tool install it and appear in pop up menu and resize to any size
    Selecting all pictures at a time (just like copy past etc )
    here is how it looks it is the fastest and easiest i saw pictures looks good after resize
    and saves resized pictures as seprate files in same folder
    eek7.gif
    56618025-M.jpg

56618248-M.jpg
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited February 17, 2006
    digismile wrote:
    5. Section 2 allows you to select a target directory for the resized photos. I would definitely choose another directory.

That is pure preference. The script will not replace or destroy your originals, but makes a new folder and puts all the newly processed images neatly in there.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    03FatBoy03FatBoy Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited December 14, 2006
    How can I use these tools (or another image resizer (please suggest one)) to make the shortest side no smaller than 1620 px. All of the image resizing programs I see so far will make the longest side no longer than 1620, but that is not what I need.

I need a resizer that will not make the shortest side no shorter than 1620 or whatever size.

Help?
    Jamie Ward - working on my dad's website
    www.charlesawardphotography.com
    cward.smugmug.com
  • Options
    photodougphotodoug Registered Users Posts: 870 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2006
    Windows picture resizer is fast easy tool install it and appear in pop up menu and resize to any size

click here to d'load from MS
  • Options
    edited December 21, 2006
    photodoug wrote:
    click here to d'load from MS
    That app from MS (and all other apps I've found) works great for resizing photos down to a size that IS NO BIGGER THAN a certain size.

I think what we need is an app that will let you bulk resize photos down to a size that IS NO SMALLER THAN 1620, since 1620 is the magic size that allows all products to show up in the shopping cart.

The app will make the shortest side of the image no smaller than 1620.

Am I going about this back-asswards or am I right on this? Wouldn't this make for a great way to upload the smallest file (kb), yet still get you all options in the shopping cart?

I guess I should point out that we are using the PROOF system installed at smugmug. Per the tips provided by Andy, you should upload the smallest file (kb) that still retains at least 1620 px so that all items will show in the cart for ordering.

As I do it now, I resize photos to about 2500 pix. That way, depending on how the crop has been done, the shortest side of most all images does not fall below 1620 px.

A better way would be great.

Thanks!
    cward.smugmug.com
  • Options
    tweakertweaker Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited December 22, 2006
    03FatBoy wrote:
    That app from MS (and all other apps I've found) works great for resizing photos down to a size that IS NO BIGGER THAN a certain size.

I think what we need is an app that will let you bulk resize photos down to a size that IS NO SMALLER THAN 1620, since 1620 is the magic size that allows all products to show up in the shopping cart.

The app will make the shortest side of the image no smaller than 1620.

Am I going about this back-asswards or am I right on this? Wouldn't this make for a great way to upload the smallest file (kb), yet still get you all options in the shopping cart?

I guess I should point out that we are using the PROOF system installed at smugmug. Per the tips provided by Andy, you should upload the smallest file (kb) that still retains at least 1620 px so that all items will show in the cart for ordering.

As I do it now, I resize photos to about 2500 pix. That way, depending on how the crop has been done, the shortest side of most all images does not fall below 1620 px.

A better way would be great.

Thanks!
    I believe IrfanView will do what you want with its batch processing tool. Its vary nice/fast view and batch conversion tool.
    -Paul
  • Options
    edited December 22, 2006
    tweaker wrote:
    I believe IrfanView will do what you want with its batch processing tool. Its vary nice/fast view and batch conversion tool.

bowdown.gif

That's it. Just what I was looking for. Thank you very much.
    cward.smugmug.com