New Toy shots

ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
edited February 18, 2006 in Holy Macro
Dawes Arboretum is one of our favorite places to go. Nasty gloomy windy day had lots of fun anyway. C&C always welcome and thanks for looking.

Bald Cypress Swamp

56558023-L.jpg

Bonsai Japanese Maple, love the trunk

56558084-L.jpg

Hornbeam, also in the Bonsai collection

56558388-L.jpg

White pine

56558584-L.jpg

Comments

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited February 16, 2006
    Wow, those are great. It looks like that new camera is working out very well for you. I've had my 20D for 6 months, and I'm wondering if my shots are that good. :uhoh
  • ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2006
    kdog wrote:
    Wow, those are great. It looks like that new camera is working out very well for you. I've had my 20D for 6 months, and I'm wondering if my shots are that good. :uhoh

I got VERY lucky on a few and dumped a bunch.. I'm sure your shots are every bit as good, if not better, but we are always more critical of our own work don't ya think?:): Thanks for taking a look and the complement, appreciate it.
  • wally5656wally5656 Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2006
    Thusie wrote:
    I got VERY lucky on a few and dumped a bunch.. I'm sure your shots are every bit as good, if not better, but we are always more critical of our own work don't ya think?:): Thanks for taking a look and the complement, appreciate it.

Very nice shots, luv the colors and the bonsai is just gorgeous!!!!
    edited February 17, 2006
    Thanks much Wally. Out of 120+ shots, maybe 15 keepers, just one of those days:):
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited February 17, 2006
    Thusie wrote:
    Thanks much Wally. Out of 120+ shots, maybe 15 keepers, just one of those days:):
    15 out of 120 is about my average :cry. Good thing electrons are so cheap.

Love the colors in #3. I got a 20D about 4 months ago and am still learning its ins and outs, but overall I am really happy with it. Enjoy.

Cheers,
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2006
    The bonsai looks pretty good but I think you may have used a little too much Shadow/Highlight tool. The bottom of the trunk looks a little funky but it may just be my monitor.

I think the Cypress is a good candidate for a B&W conversion.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
    edited February 17, 2006
    Oh, and BTW I took 4200 shots at MI3 and am hopeing I may have 250 keepers. That's only a 5.9% "keeper rate". Sorry, I just couldn't think of a better term, It's way too early for me to be up right now.
    Nick
    nickwphoto
    edited February 17, 2006
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    15 out of 120 is about my average :cry. Good thing electrons are so cheap.

Love the colors in #3. I got a 20D about 4 months ago and am still learning its ins and outs, but overall I am really happy with it. Enjoy.

Cheers,

No kidding on the electronics! Today is read the book day, eveyone talks about the 'joystick' all day yesterday it was what darn joystick:D I do love the camera tho'.

Thanks for looking Richard!
    edited February 17, 2006
    gluwater wrote:
    I think the Cypress is a good candidate for a B&W conversion.

Oh poot, I like that one just for the color, but you know I have been wanting to try a B&W so might give it a go.

Would have taken more shots but need more CF cards. Was not prepared to have two cameras in operationumph.gif Of the 15+- keeper several were conifer groupings, very boring to anyone but Don:):
    edited February 18, 2006
    I do like it as is what I meant was with the textures of the tree I think it would also look good in B&W.
    Nick
    nickwphoto
    edited February 18, 2006
    gluwater wrote:
    I do like it as is what I meant was with the textures of the tree I think it would also look good in B&W.

No problem the B&W idea is a nifty onethumb.gif I just didn't even think about it.