Man and Dog...

eswisteswist Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
edited February 16, 2006 in People
I like this shot I took at a local dogpark, however, I'm not particularly sure whether or not I should move it over to black and white. I am also looking for opinions on the overall composition, and makeup of the shot. Thanks guys!

55515670-L-1.jpg

Comments

• eswisteswist Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited February 16, 2006
    This is the same shot, but I tightened it up a bit and moved it over to black and white:

56569590-L.jpg
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2006
    I like it in black and white much better. Can you straighten the fences at all. They are bothering me??? I think that would do it.

ginger (nice looking dog)
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • ScottMcLeodScottMcLeod Registered Users Posts: 753 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2006
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I like it in black and white much better. Can you straighten the fences at all. They are bothering me??? I think that would do it.

ginger (nice looking dog)

I'd actually rather see the photo on the opposite angle. It implies movement in the direction it's slanted (that's why it looks weird right now)
    - Scott
    http://framebyframe.ca
    [Bodies] Canon EOS 20D - Canon EOS 500
    [Lenses] Sigma APO 70-200 f/2.8 - Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 - Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 - Tamron XR Di 28-75mm f/2.8 - Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
    [Flash] Sigma EF500 Super DG Flash
    [Tripod]
    Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
    [Head] 484RC2, 200RC2
  • aporiaaporia Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2006
    Great subject with dynamic action and contrast in human and doggie sizes. The little dog cheering section in the b/g is great.clap.gif

B&W is definitely the better of these two. In addition to straightening the line of the fence, try cropping out the blown-out sky and trees on the top 1/3 of the photo.
    Tom in Niagara (CAN/US)
    Real Body Integrated Arts
    GMT -5
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited February 16, 2006
    'pop' it, man-

go to the how to section and check out davidto's pop tutorial and try it on your pic--I believe you'll like it--

then try out the bw conversion tute-

I think it's a neat pic but you can make it neater-

george